MV Agusta Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
fkkkkkkk robbie u seriously are one handsome SOB. mate if i look as sharp as u do at ur age ill consider myself one lucky dude

"No more bikes until 2020 I do believe there is a little tacker on the way"

WHHHHHHHHTTTT THE

r u having another bambino/a robbbbbbbbbie or is there another little mv on its way

I eagerly await.......

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Farkin' Hilarious!!!

fkkkkkkk robbie u seriously are one handsome SOB. mate if i look as sharp as u do at ur age ill consider myself one lucky dude

"No more bikes until 2020 I do believe there is a little tacker on the way"

WHHHHHHHHTTTT THE

r u having another bambino/a robbbbbbbbbie or is there another little mv on its way

I eagerly await.......

LOL....you KILL ME Robbie.....F me....the world needs more people like you. Read this post and almost pissed my pants laughing but hey thanks man appreciate the compliment. You needn't worry you're rockin' it mate, you'll make look like the old fart that I am at 'my age' ;)

Faaarrkk.....Bambino/a that's heart attack material for BOTH Lou & I, no way - never, we've worked way too hard to gain our freedom, as of last week we are officially empty nesters unless one or both come back....ggrrrr!

Yep - little MV signed off (today actually) needs to come from England - little MV "Mini Bike Racing" - believed to be the actual bike used Phil Read 'getting booked advert' posted earlier in this thread.

Never believe ANYTHING I ever say about last MV purchase, my gorgeous wife doesn't ;)

Cheers
Rob

PS. the garage or selection of 3 rooms (your choice) awaits your arrival ..one day.........

·
Super Moderator
21,404 Posts
Congratulations on The Little One, Rob.

Next to Lee's Tambo, that is my Holy Grail.

·
2,154 Posts
Yep - little MV signed off (today actually) needs to come from England - little MV "Mini Bike Racing" - believed to be the actual bike used Phil Read 'getting booked advert' posted earlier in this thread.

Ahhhh the little tacker :surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise: hey Rob, perhaps we could start our own domestic series :surprise: "Mini Me MV Racing"; we know we will always be on the podium :surprise::surprise::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Ahhh robbieeeee ur the best man .... luv ya

Complimenti and auguri on ur new little mv. I've seen Julians in person. Such an awesome bike.

And yes this is something I have come to know about u, and albeit one of ur finest qualities.......

"Never believe ANYTHING I ever say about last MV purchase, my gorgeous wife doesn't ;) "

So yes... I will never believe u on this one.

Lou is one awesome lady letting u fill the house with your bikes. I will tell her this in person one day just after I thank her for allowing me to crash in the garage.

"
LOL....you KILL ME Robbie.....F me....the world needs more people like you. Read this post and almost pissed my pants laughing but hey thanks man appreciate the compliment. You needn't worry you're rockin' it mate, you'll make look like the old fart that I am at 'my age' ;)

Faaarrkk.....Bambino/a that's heart attack material for BOTH Lou & I, no way - never, we've worked way too hard to gain our freedom, as of last week we are officially empty nesters unless one or both come back....ggrrrr!

Never believe ANYTHING I ever say about last MV purchase, my gorgeous wife doesn't ;)

Cheers
Rob

PS. the garage or selection of 3 rooms (your choice) awaits your arrival ..one day.........

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

Ahhhh the little tacker :surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise: hey Rob, perhaps we could start our own domestic series :surprise: "Mini Me MV Racing"; we know we will always be on the podium :surprise::surprise::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:
Hey J,

Before I commit a to season long battle of ultra serious, sheep stations inclusive Mini GP Racing, and btw I wanna be Ago, you can be any of the other great MV riders, if being Ago is a deal breaker, I'd have to be either Surtees or Hailwood, maybe Hailwood by a whisker ( how old are we again???) :laughing:

But again, before committing I need to know if yours is the the 10inch version or the 8inch, can't tell from the photo - we need to be running in the same class, I'm 10 inch :smoking:

Did you know ( I only found out yesterday) that there is also a super/ultra rare 12inch version as well? I may have collect all 3............ :eek:

·
Super Moderator
21,404 Posts

·
2,154 Posts
Hey J,

Before I commit a to season long battle of ultra serious, sheep stations inclusive Mini GP Racing, and btw I wanna be Ago, you can be any of the other great MV riders, if being Ago is a deal breaker, I'd have to be either Surtees or Hailwood, maybe Hailwood by a whisker ( how old are we again???) :laughing:

But again, before committing I need to know if yours is the the 10inch version or the 8inch, can't tell from the photo - we need to be running in the same class, I'm 10 inch :smoking:

Did you know ( I only found out yesterday) that there is also a super/ultra rare 12inch version as well? I may have collect all 3............ :eek:
Its a 10 inch and here is the photo in question :wink2::wink2::wink2::wink2::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts

Hi,

Iam a bit late in reading this thread, but have you confirmed that it is Phil Read actual bike from the advert?

I believe that I have his mini bike that he used to ride around the paddock area, it has never been restored, one of the very first ones that had a grey frame not red.

Is there anyone one here that has any old photo's that could help me out with this?

Of course word of mouth is not concrete proof that it was his bike, but when I bought the bike, the seller told me this after I had bought it, that it was his. He said that he wasn't trying to influence me through Phil Read's name before I bought it.

I have also been in touch with Phil Read but he is very vague in who he sold it too.

Any pics or help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Kev.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

Hi,

Iam a bit late in reading this thread, but have you confirmed that it is Phil Read actual bike from the advert?

I believe that I have his mini bike that he used to ride around the paddock area, it has never been restored, one of the very first ones that had a grey frame not red.

Is there anyone one here that has any old photo's that could help me out with this?

Of course word of mouth is not concrete proof that it was his bike, but when I bought the bike, the seller told me this after I had bought it, that it was his. He said that he wasn't trying to influence me through Phil Read's name before I bought it.

I have also been in touch with Phil Read but he is very vague in who he sold it too.

Any pics or help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Kev.
Hey Kev,

Better late than NEVER - lol

I think you have mistaken my post, insofar as Phil Read's actual bike with the "bike in the advert". You may very well have Phil Read's actual bike (the one made for his kids as I understand it) the bike used in the advert was not owned by Phil Read - I have the full history of this bike and I am now owner No.4. and as I said, it was never owned by Phil Read himself. Even though the photo is black and white, the hue shows the frame to almost positively being red.

As they are completely unrelated bikes, I certainly can't help with any photos or anything like that, hopefully someone can - very small world sometimes, especially the MV world!

Wishing you all the very best on your quest, discovery is sometimes part of the real enjoyment of the ownership.

Cheers
Rob :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey Kev,

Better late than NEVER - lol

I think you have mistaken my post, insofar as Phil Read's actual bike with the "bike in the advert". You may very well have Phil Read's actual bike (the one made for his kids as I understand it) the bike used in the advert was not owned by Phil Read - I have the full history of this bike and I am now owner No.4. and as I said, it was never owned by Phil Read himself. Even though the photo is black and white, the hue shows the frame to almost positively being red.

As they are completely unrelated bikes, I certainly can't help with any photos or anything like that, hopefully someone can - very small world sometimes, especially the MV world!

Wishing you all the very best on your quest, discovery is sometimes part of the real enjoyment of the ownership.

Cheers
Rob :)
Rob,

That's great that you've got the proof of history, as with all these old things it's hard to find the evidence to back up the story.

Hopefully something might turn up though.

Here's a pic that I found on my phone, the mv agusta is hand painted on the fairing, not sure if that is just a prototype or not?

Cheers anyway.

Kev.

Attachments

41 - 52 of 52 Posts