MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's all here just got to get it all fitted to the bike guess what I'm doing in the morning

I'll post pics once it's all fitted cheers guys

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Looking good. What are you doing for paint?

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Well it's all here just got to get it all fitted to the bike guess what I'm doing in the morning

I'll post pics once it's all fitted cheers guys

Fresh carbon always looks great eh!! I'm sure that it must be the camera angle, however the inside of the airbox clearly looks as if the 'U' shaped channel is missing which locates and seals the air filter element in place within the airbox?

:popcorn:​

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Fresh carbon always looks great eh!! I'm sure that it must be the camera angle, however the inside of the airbox clearly looks as if the 'U' shaped channel is missing which locates and seals the air filter element in place within the airbox?

:popcorn:​
Yeah well spotted I've got to put some sections of channel in to locate filter but no big one

·
King of Bling
9,828 Posts
Cheers Woodster for your patience and help with this project..

I really didn't want to post on any of these threads, as it can be construed in the wrong way and I also think it’s morally wrong. Its not the decent thing to do to other sellers..

However, cheers for the advice Ade.. I made Woodster fully aware before processing his order that the air box would come from the factory without the air filter channel.. This issue hasn’t changed much since ordering the original one..

We’re going to install an alloy channel inside the air box compartment similar to the one you fashioned on yours Ade.. It’s a fiddly job but doable once we have the correct alloy channelling..

I can get CF air boxes from another supplier with the air filter channel already installed, but I prefer to stick with the original supplier because I have a long standing relationship with them and buying all the parts from one single source is easier for me. This does have its draw backs as you know, but I deal with them as they come before sending anything out..

I normally wouldn't order another air box for anyone else , it's just Woodster wanted to go full CF on his F4 and I'm trying to help him out with his goal..

I can't thank Woodster enough for his help and patience with getting these issues resolved..

Also,cheers anyway for the heads up Ade..

·
Registered
6,025 Posts

We’re going to install an alloy channel inside the air box compartment similar to the one you fashioned on yours Ade.. It’s a fiddly job but doable once we have the correct alloy channelling.. .
With great respect I have been though this as you know John, I can assure you that you'll not sort this out with alloy channel as its impossible to shape it so it conforms to the shape of the inside of the airbox, whats more its nigh on impossible to get your fingers inside the airbox to work on it.

Nightmare city mate!! Without that channel to properly seal the filter/frame, until that can be achieved unfortunately the airbox is useless.

:smoking:​

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
With great respect I have been though this as you know John, I can assure you that you'll not sort this out with alloy channel as its impossible to shape it so it conforms to the shape of the inside of the airbox, whats more its nigh on impossible to get your fingers inside the airbox to work on it.

Nightmare city mate!! Without that channel to properly seal the filter/frame, until that can be achieved unfortunately the airbox is useless.

:smoking:​
Not sure what this continues airbox is shit posts are about the airbox is top quuality and me and john knew about this when we ordered it WE WILL resolve this and will post pics of OUR mod so please there is no point being so concerned u managed to sort out with ur airbox so I dear say my engineering background and johns abilities will be enough to sort this minor thing we need to do

·
Registered
986 Posts
The airbox only needs a minor mod, no headaches involved...

It's turning out to be a monumental build Woodster- you'll have one sick bike when she's all done :)

Keep the pictures coming mate :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The airbox only needs a minor mod, no headaches involved...

It's turning out to be a monumental build Woodster- you'll have one sick bike when she's all done :)

Keep the pictures coming mate :) :) :)
Cheers mate she is going to look crazy

I'm not worried about airbox like u said and know mate no headache cheers mate have to meet up soon well when the sun arrives hahaha

·
Registered
986 Posts
Sounds good to me :) catch you soon bud, the weathers turning a corner at last !!

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Hhhmmm, I love these threads on who sell's the best carbon or the best fitting parts. I was given a carbon airbox by Al from Design Corse and it has the groove perfectly moulded in for the filter. Send me a PM if you would like to see.

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
Hhhmmm, I love these threads on who sell's the best carbon or the best fitting parts. I was given a carbon airbox by Al from Design Corse and it has the groove perfectly moulded in for the filter. Send me a PM if you would like to see.
If someone wants to give me some carbon pieces I will gladly accept :mouthwate. On another note, I noticed the tail section is very heavy. That would be a good piece of carbon to have (for free if anyone has a spare). Plus some titanium brackets

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I'm always very cautious about after market carbon, for me, the weave must be absolutely perfect, I have yet to find any carbon that comes even remotely close to what was the 'MVSP' stuff from (mainly) cmcomposit in Italy.

From my experience even the very high quality OE MV stuff like tanks/airboxs's/airtubes etc still needs a tweak before it fits like the OE plastic moulded parts

1 - 20 of 21 Posts