MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a quick oil and filter change on the 910 this weekend, first time I've taken off the Purolator - the ones that Noel loves. Less bits in the oil, he might be onto something. Put another one on and filled her back up ready for a few more weeks of riding to work. They are also easy to remove with the grippy surface even with oily hands.:smoking:

Talking of filters, the fuel filter is due on the 910 as well, doubt it has been done yet and there's now nearly 30000 on the clock. Can anyone tell me for sure if the 750 tank internals are the same as the 910 ? I'm thinking I might just remove the whole pump assembly from the 750 (which has new filter etc) in it and bolt it all in to the 910.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I`ve interchanged bits from my 750 and 1078 pumps and they looked the same to me. If there is any difference it would be minor but no doubt someone on here will know for sure.

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
switching pumps?

Talking of filters, the fuel filter is due on the 910 as well, doubt it has been done yet and there's now nearly 30000 on the clock. Can anyone tell me for sure if the 750 tank internals are the same as the 910 ? I'm thinking I might just remove the whole pump assembly from the 750 (which has new filter etc) in it and bolt it all in to the 910.
won't work Rich, everything is the same except for the plates

the F4 pump mounts on 3 studs with nuts
the Brutale mounts with 9 screws

you can drill the extra holes in the 750 plate but its easier to buy a new filter :drummer:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Noel, 750 Brut to 910 Brut not F4 to Brut. I won't be drilling anything, if it don't fit I'll go plan b and replace the lines, filter etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well we have tried it yes it looks the same but as you mount it, it won't fit at all. You have to modify the mounting and lines.

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
oops!

Noel, 750 Brut to 910 Brut not F4 to Brut. I won't be drilling anything, if it don't fit I'll go plan b and replace the lines, filter etc.
my mistake, I thought you were going from a 750 F4 to a 910

carry on

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No worries guys, just wanted to make sure we were all talking about the same thing before I wasted too much time trying it. Will report back after the weekend on how it went.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I kind of wimped out and just ended up replacing the fuel filter in the 910 last weekend. The lines were all good, the mesh filter pretty clean but I cleaned it anyway. I'll get all new lines ready for the next change.

I did notice TWO green large orings rather than the one in my 750. The second oring was doing nothing it was floating around the two hoses that go up to the filler.

Seems the lines, orings etc last longer here in Aus, presumable due to the lack of ethanol in our fuel compared to you guys stateside.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
How often should the fuel filter be changed on a F4 1000S?

Does any one have pictures of the process?

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
filter ?

Daniel here you go;
change the fuel filter every 7,500 mi......if you live with ethanol

change it with your oil at 3,750

download the parts manual
go to page K02
that's a stock 1000S (USA) diagram

what you want to do is;
>keep hoses #4 & #6 attached to the top of the tank remove the other ends (incl #5)
>keep hose #7 attached to #11
>remove #21 from #19 both sides and #17 & #18 too
>remove everything else, the cannister and mounts

now go to the auto parts store and buy;
>4 vacuum caps to fit #19s
>a 3/16" wye for #4, #6 and #7
>a package of JB Weld Kwik to plug the holes in the fuel pump plate left by removing #5 & #6 and the notches in the fuel pump plate mount that cuts O-rings
>a new fuel filter

when you're done, life will be simple

check #22 & #23 for leaks
also the clamps on the TBs

Daniel;
get some Clic-R pliers off Ebay ~$18

:drummer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts