MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Oregon Scientific is right here in my back yard. They make some cool stuff. I especially like their alarm clock with projecting red time on the ceiling. Makes it easy to see what time it is in the middle of the night.

http://www2.oregonscientific.com/shop/browse.asp?cid=8&scid=107

They have been around for a few years and make quality products.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have one ,its quite good image for the money,but i have had problems when opening my 910R up the vibes made it cut out all the time,i mounted it on the frame,i will have to experiment more,but its good at lower speeds untill i figure out how to mount.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have one on my race bike. needed a cheap way to video my track days. I drilled holes in my plastics and side mounted it. it works all the way up to 178 mph. no problem but the audio starts to get weird at about 140. I dont know how to mount it on a F4 but when I do I will post how to. The only problem with it for a daily driver is it only stores about a hour of video with the upgraded memory.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
People in the UK have been taken to court with the evidence from 'on bike' footage, best left for the track I think, If they looked at anything on board form any of our ride outs there would be a ban and hefty fine heading my way for sure :jsm:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i have one but i haven't put on my mv yet
i got it on ebay for about $ 80
i will let you know soon

·
Registered
301 Posts
mikef4uk said:
People in the UK have been taken to court with the evidence from 'on bike' footage, best left for the track I think, If they looked at anything on board form any of our ride outs there would be a ban and hefty fine heading my way for sure :jsm:
True, but a quick delete function like the Ducati 1098 engine data system would be a good response!

I am more interested in having footage to use against the cops. Just under a year ago I was booked on a totally fabricated "unsafe overtaking" charge by highway patrol cops while running in my F41000R.

I was sticking to the speed limit and not overtaking in the "wrong" spots etc as I knew that the cops were on that road, but that did not stop them from doing a U turn and following me for about 8 km. When the could not get me for speeding they made up the other BS charge.

My lawyer wanted access to the police video footage before the case but this was refused - apparently here access to evidence before trial on traffic offences is not a right!

Anyway, I had a very good and well known motorcycle lawyer and a few days before the trial the prosecutor dropped the police case as it "lacked substance".

After that experience I'm all in favour of having your own video evidence if possible. And also, my advice is except in totally pointless cases, take the charge to court. If I had not, the arseholes would have won by default.

Here (NSW in Oz) cops video and voice record you every time they stop you, so make sure you clearly deny all wrong doing. Admit nothing. Stand with you back to the car so it makes the video harder to interpret and mumble as much as possible. Attempting to get them to "go easy" is a waste of time with the recorded interview. It is also worth saying you do not consent to being recorded. An old friend of mine when I was in my 20s who was a lawyer used to say the only thing you should ever say to a cop was "I have done nothing wrong and I have nothing to say". He is a supreme court judge these days .....

cheers

"if you don't fight, you loose!"
:yo:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Another good one is to pull out your mobile phone and use it as a dicta phone. Say to the cop that you've been previously harrassed by some cops that gave the police a bad name and that while 'you don't think you're of that type' your lawyer recommended recording any future interactions. Most cops I've encountered immediately give a warning and tell you to be on your way. At the end of the day the objective is to make it clear that booking you is going to cause them more grief and paperwork than its worth. Saying that, I'll be the first one to wear a fine sweet if I think it was actually deserved and not given purely for harrassment reasons.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
My son gave me one for Christmas and I can`t wait to get some time on it. :popcorn:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Warning:
I got stung and bought one of these cheapies, in the idealistic hope it could replace the elaborate setup I now use....for those who have watched any of Velocemoto's videos, you'll know we at least have great quality onboard footage...both video, and now audio.

This ACT2K is really at the very lowest end of quality. The captured video is very jumpy, very jittery and the claimed 30fps is really quie laughable....the sound is terrible.

The concept of having a totally "wire-free" onboard camera is awsome, but this particular one doesn't really do it yet if you want a decent video to watch at the end of your ride.

For a further review by a pro...read this:
Camera Review

·
Registered
774 Posts
Velocemoto said:
Warning:
I got stung and bought one of these cheapies, in the idealistic hope it could replace the elaborate setup I now use....for those who have watched any of Velocemoto's videos, you'll know we at least have great quality onboard footage...both video, and now audio.

This ACT2K is really at the very lowest end of quality. The captured video is very jumpy, very jittery and the claimed 30fps is really quie laughable....the sound is terrible.

The concept of having a totally "wire-free" onboard camera is awsome, but this particular one doesn't really do it yet if you want a decent video to watch at the end of your ride.

For a further review by a pro...read this:
Camera Review
I agree with you, but price is very low and image quality is enough for little video posted on web sites like Youtube.

You can make the sound better by removing the water protection.

In fact, I think that the quality is good for the price and , of course, has nothing to compare with braodcast material but much more expensive.

So, I keep it for little youtube fun video and will use video cam or microcam for DVD or more.

·
Registered
523 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
750four said:
These guys show how it can be improved http://www.utahtrikes.com/ARTICLE-31.html

I have one myself, and would agree that - as it comes - the sound quality is very poor. (Removing the battery cover/end-cap gives a noticeable improvement though). Here's a short clip, taken with the bog-standard camera. Picture quality is reduced on uploading, so the original video is better than this: http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/weeveetwin/?action=view&current=MVonboardEdit_0002.flv
I've done some more expereimenting with mine as well, or moreso the video captured.
If you bring the compressed avi file from the camera, into any good movie software {Premier Pro CS3}, then spit it out as a proper DV avi. with less compression, it really smoothes out the video somewhat..
Also played with sharpness and contrast a little as well, until the end result is watchable at least...

This guy seems to have done the same.

The biggest image problem with this camera is the contrast. This is further compounded by the highly-compressed recording format. To acheive a reasonable level of quality on the finished videos I use Canopus Edius to process the video file after I've edited the clips together. You can download a free 30-day trial if you want to try it yourself. I start by deinterlacing the footage which can get rid of most of the recorded video warble. Then I typically decrease the contrast and increase the brightness some. Finally, I add a small amount of the sharpness filter. The end result looks more like old film than crappy video footage.

I will post a small test vid in a while....I'd say it's abut 60-70% of what we usually produce quality wise...except the sound, which is still very poor.

Pete.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts