MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard today that the festival is on at the end of November, does anyone know about this

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
yes it got moved to the 29th because the museum had some other gig on the same day and they thought the crowds would be to big or something like that. it's on their website...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Looking to show off the new edition Chris?:stickpoke

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
yep, Sunday 29 November between 10.00 am and 2.00 pm. Bikes start arriving about 9.30 with quite a few leaving around 12.30. I wouldn't arrive much after 11.00 if you wish to see all the bikes.

It's held in the forecourt of the Melbourne Museum, carlton (between the museum and exhibition buildings)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Pity it's the same weekend asthe final round of the ASBK at the Island.Anyone could win it.!!!!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I'd guess that the weather did deter a few riders (myself included but then I did see the looming dark grey clouds and wasn't interested in getting wet or spending a few hours cleaning the MV). Irrespective the turn out was pretty good with quite a few interesting bikes on display such as the 125 cc Fantic choppers (yes, they are Italian), the 500 cc classic Ducati race bike, #150 (puts out about 50 hp and has lapped the Island in 1.58), the superbly restored Ducati 2 stroke 50 S/L.

A selection of some of the interesting bikes

Attachments

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
and some more pics including one of only 5 black & gold 1979 750 SS Ducatis

Attachments

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Great Pictures Russ. Well I sort of understand why You left Your Bike Home. Thank You very much to let us being virtually in between there.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
nice shots. i saw the senna from afar but it dissapeared when i went for a closer look.
got a sneaky one of me...

i was surprised there are so many desmo's in melbourne. i saw two today and i've seen a marlbro one aswell... and their tyres are all shagged.. (track day fun..)

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
It doesn't show up in the photo but the Senna had some serious money spent on the mods including full carbon, levers, rearsets, wheels, brakes (& probably forks) and most anything else you could change. I think he still has all the originals and not sure if he has done any engine mods.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
nice shots. i saw the senna from afar but it dissapeared when i went for a closer look.
got a sneaky one of me...

i was surprised there are so many desmo's in melbourne. i saw two today and i've seen a marlbro one aswell... and their tyres are all shagged.. (track day fun..)
I know a guy in Cranbourne that has a desmo and a 1098r .There is a few here in Melbourne

1 - 20 of 25 Posts