MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Kay built, MVish based Ferrari motorcycle is for sale, again. this time on e-bay (170415702965).

The Kay's have a letter from Enzo Ferrari allowing them to use the Ferrari badge on he bike which basically means this is the only Ferrari bike ever made that is related to the Ferrari cars. There were some Ferrari bikes made from 1951-54 but these have no connection to Enzo Ferrari.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Well Russ, no offense here, but letter or no letter this Bike has as much. or even less, to do with a Ferrari as a pair of socks from the Ferrari Merchandise catalogue. Enzo allowed them to use the badge, great ! I have several items with the prancing horse which were made by god alome might know.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ralf, if I wanted a Ferrari then I'd buy a car (wish i could actually), heaps cheaper and would possibly perform better. In terms of bikes there are a few around with the Ferrari badge. I remember one bike was made to match the owners car, so to speak. The Kay bike is probably the closest bike you will ever get which could be said to be a genuine Ferrari bike. Besides, for that money I could get a Sport, Magni and Tamburini and still have some change.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
It's certainly unique but I think the Ferrari bike is very overrated and over priced (just my 2c). I'd sooner have a nice example of a Magni 850 MV + a great deal of spare cash rather than buy it. The vendor is based at Tockwith which isn't that far from where I live, I might go and have a look and if possible, get a few photos, but one thing I won't be doing is buying it! Even if I was lucky enough to have a spare quarter million quid!

·
Registered
869 Posts
I think its cool, why not. If Paris Hiltons dumb ass can bejewel a cell phone for a million dollars, just because her dumb ass can, then why the hell not.... my 2c

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Yes I saw it for sale a while back for 400k from memory. It is indeed unique but really what has it ever done? No histroy, no record & I agree with Snake_EYES it is positively hideous. It is nothing more than an engineering folly with a document attached to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts