MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Looks like the Arrow style exhaust is making plenty of power or they would have used the stock style system. Can wait to find out how it runs.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Where did these come from?

This looks like a fairly typical, although incomplete, superstock setup.

But...

Stock shift pattern, possibly? The rearsets don't incorporate the shifter, and I'm not aware of a way to flip shifting over with the stock shifter. I also don't see evidence of a quick shifter. Just can't tell.

Bodywork is very cool. That's the type of bodywork I'd like to have for track days. Much easier to deal with when it's in 2 pieces like that.

Can't tell what shock it is, but it sure doesn't look like an Ohlins... It may be upside down?

I don't see an Ohlins cartridge either, which is what most Superstock racers are using... But maybe they don't make one for the MV.

Nice fairing mount...

Very cool.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
can't quite figure out the mounting points with that fairing set up. i see three mounting points. mirror stalk, and two by the tan/airbox. looks like a beefed up front fairing stay. looks like factory master cylinders for brakes/clutch. as for shifter, could be stock, could have the reverse drum inside for reverse shift.

i think luca said they made more power with that arrow set up. i think i know someone trying to sell theirs. could be a weight issue as well?

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They were sent by Larry Ferracci @ Cagiva USA. I'm sure there is a bit of work to do, but that's what was loaded onto the truck for Jennings :)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
That exhaust looks horrible, it ruins the aesthetics of the bike completely, I know it is about winning races, but you also have to appeal to the public...there's got to be a better way....it may be fast, but the bike is a loss in the looks department...

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
style_one said:
ferracci combs the boards???...:jsm:

"better watch out...better not cry..."
If you saw the other thread, i spoke with him earlier today. He kindly sent me some photos :)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
b42day said:
That exhaust looks horrible, it ruins the aesthetics of the bike completely, I know it is about winning races, but you also have to appeal to the public...there's got to be a better way....it may be fast, but the bike is a loss in the looks department...
Whatever goes the fastest is the best.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
style_one said:
can't quite figure out the mounting points with that fairing set up. i see three mounting points. mirror stalk, and two by the tan/airbox. looks like a beefed up front fairing stay. looks like factory master cylinders for brakes/clutch. as for shifter, could be stock, could have the reverse drum inside for reverse shift.

i think luca said they made more power with that arrow set up. i think i know someone trying to sell theirs. could be a weight issue as well?
I didn't know about a reverse drum... Cool.

I see dzus fasteners where the mirrors are, then the 2 that would normally connect to the frame on the mid section, although that one does look out of place... That's really all there is from where it's actually connected to the bike. The lower completely floats.

Master cylinders need to remain stock on a superstock bike, which is really a big indicator that this will be a superstock bike. It's no trouble at all to throw on Brembo radial masters which have much cheaper lever replacement cost :)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
the farings on that bike are sharkskinz.

sharkskinz use a different design from OEM and other aftermarket plastic. the mid is cut in 1/2 and molded with the upper and the lower. basically you'll have 2 large pieces (upper & lower) where the OEM has 4 (upper, lower, 2 mids)

alex

1 - 20 of 26 Posts