MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I don't know about this.

With Dunlop, if you aren't getting the top tires, then you aren't going as fast as the leaders.

But still, the question is, are the "2nd tier" Dunlops as good or better than the best that Pirelli or Michelin have to offer. Or maybe even Bridgestone? The big champion at my track ran Bridgestones all year. You could see that he was loose, but he was making it go fast...

But then again, this is Ferracci we're talking about, and he probably knows who to talk to in order to get the good stuff :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
If that man do something, is just to be faster... my opinion :)

I think he know what to do and... I tryed Pirelli tyres but never tryed Dunlop.
I can't say if it is better of worest but for shure if we look to last year results, I think that everybody do the same choice to have more chances to win...

:)

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
It's a done deal now. The FBF team will be on Dunlops.

Turns out the whole reason for the switch is because of support. Pirelli did not have the resouces (read: money) to support a Superbike effort here in the USA. They had planned to support a Superstock team but after Eraldo changed his mind about which class to race, Pirelli couldn't make it happen for their tires.

Bummer. Would have been fun to see another tire brand slugging it out in the AMA Superbike class.

Looks like it's Dunlops for Luca and Matt.

Alex

Roadracing World had the story.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Cool.

Luca, I can only speak about tires that we get in club racing, and I'm only a mid pack expert, not a really fast guy.

But I've ridden lots of Dunlops including 16.5" superbike slicks. The one thing about Dunlops that they do better than any other tire I've ever used is they tell you when you will slide. And you can ride the tires into a slide much easier. For instance, I would get some pushing with the front tire once in a while, but it was no big deal. I knew exactly what was happening. I never crashed on the front tire on a Dunlop. When I switched to Michelin, I crashed on the front tire after only a few laps. I have not ridden the new Pirellis, but I hear they are really good. The ones from maybe 3 years ago had too soft a carcass and I didn't know what was happening with them.

(Not that you need to hear anything from me, I'm just a club racer clown...)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good deal. I hope the tire is out of the equation and you guys get what the other factories get. It would be nice to see AMA as a level playing field for a change, but I doubt it. You guys have a big hill to climb but we're all rooting for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts