MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2011 F4 (Y10 Model) and considering another bike for daily commute as in Toronto we are lucky if we have 4 months of warm riding weather and would like to ride to work and be on two wheels more.

The F4 is a great bike but not a commuter bike the bikes I am considering are the BMWk1300R or a Brutale 990R . Would appreciate feedback on the Brutale 990R on the positives and negatives and if it is suitable for a daily commuter bike and the occasional long ride for a couple of days.

:brutale:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Dahulk, I have a 990R for weekends...and a Scooter (Yamaha TMax) for going work all days...The Scooters, although uglies, are the best solution for traveling from home to work (I made 50miles all days)...This "bikes" are better air and rain protected and have space under the seat to keep your helmet or your bag. Moreover, you can forget using gears...just accelerate and brake...easy.

Anyway, the 990R is more confortable than a F4 and you can use it as a commuter bike as all the naked bikes. I think the BMW maybe so big for city traffic...

About the 990R:

Positives:
- MV bike
- Power
- Style
- Naked..so confortable

Negative:
- Heating...in traffic jams.
- "Brutale" stands for aggressive and not easy to handle in a city environment...always in comparison with a small bike like a scooter...

That's my impressions...I hope it can help you to decide.

PS: There is no bike for all the situations...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dahulk, I have a 990R for weekends...and a Scooter (Yamaha TMax) for going work all days...The Scooters, although uglies, are the best solution for traveling from home to work (I made 50miles all days)...This "bikes" are better air and rain protected and have space under the seat to keep your helmet or your bag. Moreover, you can forget using gears...just accelerate and brake...easy.

Anyway, the 990R is more confortable than a F4 and you can use it as a commuter bike as all the naked bikes. I think the BMW maybe so big for city traffic...

About the 990R:

Positives:
- MV bike
- Power
- Style
- Naked..so confortable

Negative:
- Heating...in traffic jams.
- "Brutale" stands for aggressive and not easy to handle in a city environment...always in comparison with a small bike like a scooter...

That's my impressions...I hope it can help you to decide.

PS: There is no bike for all the situations...

Thanks for the feedback agreed there is no perfect bike for every situation. I really like the brutale which I had as a loaner and was leaning towards purchasing one. Just wanted to get the feedback from the MV forum members. Any other comments appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
How far is you commute each day ? as far as touring i have done about 400 miles in 1 day on my 990 with no issues.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
50 miles both ways but in rush hr and sometimes on the weekend would like to do a two day trip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts