1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
643 Posts
I dont know. I mean the 4 tip exhaust, SSSA, and the badass headlamp are signature to MV, so it's doubtfull that many would have bought it anyways. Maybe if the tail was more angled like the S1K, it'd be ok without that exhaust. I will admit that the quad tipped pipes are what drew me in. All liter bikes are so close in performance that it really comes down to looks.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
814 Posts
Still would have, but wouldn't have obsessed as much without em. They certainly had me looking at the Agusta's first

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Hard to say. It is part of the bikes style.

Having said that, there have been some pics posted up of F4's with stubby side mounted pipes that look pretty good too.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes!

And you have many forum members that changed the exhaust...

Still for me 4 pipe is the way to go! Even it they burn your leg! :p

·
Registered
601 Posts
I like the under-tail pipes, but if a reputable exhaust company made one for my Y10 that was a "stubby" side pipe, like most Moto GP bikes, I'd strongly consider it, as long as it didn't kill the mid-range, and it might shave off about 12 lbs (?), of weight. I'm kind of obsessed with cutting the weight, it makes a HUGE difference on the Track, but not-so-much, at the local Coffee Shop.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Not having the organ pipes would not have put me off, I almost bought one with twin mufflers. As others have said it is part of the over all style and a signature of Tamburini, the under seat exhaust so it is hard to imagine the bike with out it. That being said I do like the look of the new triple so there you go.

Jim

1 - 20 of 25 Posts