MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these Ergal rearsets from EvolutionBike (http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagustastore/index.php/pedsilf4b4.html) and after riding with them for a few days I'm not sure I like them. So I started looking around at what other companies make rearsets and I came across these FBF pieces which look strikingly familiar...

Ergal

FBF

Some subtle differences but the overall shapes are near carbon copies of each other except the Ergals come with heel guards. Either FBF or Ergal should feel very flattered by this :)

Anyways the reason I post this is I'm curious how people like their FBF/Ergal rearsets for street riding the Brutale. After some limited riding I found that even in the lowest position they feel too high and too far back for the street. While at the same time making hanging off/sticking the knee out feel a bit awkward. On the plus side, the pegs sure are grippy though...

So lets hear some opinions - should I keep these and try to get used to them or is it a hopeless cause? Opinions on other brands would be very welcome too.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've got the EvolutionBike ALUMINUM one's exactly like yours on my F4.
I think they are exactly what I was hoping for when I ordered them, Good range of adjustment, and loads of peg grip. Plus the Price Not too Crazy, like some of the others out there.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I don't street ride a Brutale, but I've got some FBF Rearsets like you've got pictured :)

I worked out in no time, that the standard footpegs were rubbish on the track, no grip :wtf:

I've also seen all sorts of expensive rearsets get ripped clean off in crashes at the track :jsm:

So the FBF Rearsets were perfect for form and price.

Plenty of adjustment range with relation to seat position/gear lever position and riding style. The original heel guards bolt straight up.

The Al/Alloy is not anodised, so some crazing of the surface has begun.

Sometimes I wish I got the FBF set with the gear lever rod, so only to reverse the pattern of gear change, but its my only regret, sometimes.

So all good. The only problem is that the surface finish can look a bit so so after a year or two. This can be overcome with a hard ceramic coating, or perhaps anodising (depending on metallurgy). But this of course, this adds to the cost.

All in all, I'm very happy with mine. But l bought mine for function before looks.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have the fbf sets in black on my brutale. Position is great but forget about the passenger pegs if you are into that sort of thing. Your heals will hit the rear pegs and your passenger's feet. Other than that, no complaints. The black surface finish has worn on the edge but no signs of UV fading yet.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys. I have a feeling these were designed with the F4 in mind - the high & up peg position kinda forces you into a lean to feel right. The problem is that's a very awkward position to be in on a B4. Maybe with some lower bars

I have the fbf sets in black on my brutale. Position is great but forget about the passenger pegs if you are into that sort of thing. Your heals will hit the rear pegs and your passenger's feet. Other than that, no complaints. The black surface finish has worn on the edge but no signs of UV fading yet.
How tall are you?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I have a feeling these were designed with the F4 in mind - the high & up peg position kinda forces you into a lean to feel right. The problem is that's a very awkward position to be in on a B4. Maybe with some lower bars

How tall are you?
only about 5'10

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
The FBF ones are great value for money, and lots of grip and no flexing at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts