MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm in the market for new gloves...... a pair that are well vented, and still have good protection. Long type.
not too expensive (lower than 250** US)
What's your favorite glove?

·
Registered
796 Posts
i was and still am in the same dillema as you..i tried on a couple of pairs of the teknic speedstar gloves

they have an insane amount of protection on them and from what user comments i ve read they do work well in the summer...the thing is. they are incredibly tight they hurt your hand ...,and i have pretty thin fingers..i couldn't find a pair that fits me and it s a shame because i really like them...hope you have more luck in your find,i am gonna try the violator gloves next week,they re supposed to be a little more relaxed

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the problem is that my local shops don't have a good selection to choose from.... mostly Icon :jerkoff: and Joe Rocket :jerkoff::jerkoff:.

I would love to find a shop that carries some good gloves, that way I could try them on. I'd hate to spend 200 plus and get a ill-fitting glove off of the internet.
:lightning

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You guys try CYCLE GEAR stores in your area , they have pretty good selection on display and even if you dont buy anything at least you get an idea what fits you !!! N.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Helds are supposed to be the best, but I've never tried them. I have good luck with some of the Frank Thomas and/or Alpinestars gloves, but you really have to try on each pair, even from the same manuf. sizes vary greatly.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I use the Held Phantoms --- great glove, great protection. They take a little while to break in but once they are broken in they are hard to beat for comfort and protection.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I use the Held Phantoms too and am very happy since they have robust protection.. yet a supple feel on the palm side.. i think it's kangaroo.. but they are more than $250.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
I have always been very happy with Alpinestars products...Until today! My rather new and pretty expensive GP Techs started coming apart. On the palm side, along the edge of my FU finger on the right hand...Very disappointing. I am going to see if I can get them to replace the RH glove, WAY too new to be coming unsewn.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Alpinestars for me

mine are pretty similar to griff's pic above except in red

annoying at times having the Third finger, (Annularis) and the pinky (Auricularis) fixed together in this glove, would rather have them unfixed with the freedom to move them.

(if you know what I mean):hand::hand:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I bought these Joe Rocket ones (GPX 2.0 i believe) as an relatively inexpensive replacement for some Hein Gericke ones i had. I just wanted a nice vented glove. I've grown to really like them.

I have the Held Phantom as well, and the thing I don't like about them is that they are too rigid to stuff into a glove and still be able to hold my helmet by putting my arm through it. Great glove, I use it ever now and then, but I find myself grabbing these Joe Rocket ones more often. Ventilation is good.

I bought a similar pair but without the bigger wrist protection as well for even more ventilation, using it mostly on the dirt bike. (Phoenix 3.0)

·
Registered
922 Posts
I just bought a pair of Racer High End gloves in the UK, packed them in my suitcase together with a gorgeous x-lite 801RR helmet and kriega R3 waistpack, and British Airways promptly lost my luggage. Fingers crossed it'll show up in a day or two. Anyway, the Racer gloves got a good review from a crash tester and felt very comfortable. If they eventually arrive, I'll post a ride impression.

Meanwhile, http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-gloves/racer-gloves/

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the info on the gloves.... I'll check out those racers and I've checked out the helds.... just trying to justify 300 bucks..... my Dianese jacket cost 450, and my boots Spidi vertigo's cost 300... dianese pants 420 bucks..... gloves.... 300?

I know all about hand protection and that's almost always the first thing to hit the ground.... so I'll keep an eye out on this thead to see what other options folks have....

:smoking:

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think they look pretty good. They don't have much venting, but they aren't in the *power ranger* style so that's a plus. I just don't know how to guess my size with the number system. I'll give them a call. Thanks, report will follow.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Your GP Techs fell apart? Very sorry to hear that. I have had mine for over a year with no problems. Hopefully they will replace them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Dainese should do the trick. I've always found they fit better than any other glove, are soft enough for good lever feel, but tough enough to take the knocks. Styley too. Just what the Doctor ordered.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 52 Posts