MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just read on mcn that a faster f4 is to be released surpasing the 312, so how fast will this one go? surely they will want to call it the 320 (magic 200mph)? :f4:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,448 Posts
Did the 312 actually ever do 312 kph?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
What's the real interest of so a fast bike, exept for advertising ??? Really ?
Even at Monza, a fast track, no one reach 312 kmh with this bike.
On open road, then. OK. See you in hell !

No, I don't think MV is on a good way by showing faster and faster bikes like Japanese does.

I'd prefer perfect bike for realistic use on road or on track. More torque, best frame and brake, mor loss of weight, etc, etc.

That's why I wait for MV 3 cylinder 675.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,448 Posts
Me too Olivier, are you planning on getting one? A 675 I mean :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
john said:
Me too Olivier, are you planning on getting one? A 675 I mean :)
I believe yes. I was planning to buy a Triumph Daytona 675 for the track next year, but if MV has his own 675...that's the one I'll probably buy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
djt77 said:
just read on mcn that a faster f4 is to be released surpasing the 312, so how fast will this one go? surely they will want to call it the 320 (magic 200mph)? :f4:
probably an F4 1080cc will do the call.

I am more looking forward to their triple instead.

We'll all know in few days from now what show CRC will pull off at Milan :naughty:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
:popcorn:

yep sitting here waiting with interest, just wish the first 2 days were open to public as I intended to go, but will have to now see what gets posted here as i will be sitting offshore on an oil rig when things come to light
 

·
The Dude
Joined
·
5,041 Posts
Olive said:
What's the real interest of so a fast bike, exept for advertising ??? Really ?
Even at Monza, a fast track, no one reach 312 kmh with this bike.
On open road, then. OK. See you in hell !

No, I don't think MV is on a good way by showing faster and faster bikes like Japanese does.

I'd prefer perfect bike for realistic use on road or on track. More torque, best frame and brake, mor loss of weight, etc, etc.

That's why I wait for MV 3 cylinder 675.

Fuji Speedway man. 1.6km of STRAIGHT! My friend hits over 290 topping out. MV done right would/could/should get over 300....how cool would that be to see on the speedo!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
TokyoLunch said:
Fuji Speedway man. 1.6km of STRAIGHT! My friend hits over 290 topping out. MV done right would/could/should get over 300....how cool would that be to see on the speedo!!!!
OK my friend. As you said, "would, should, could" but is there anybody here or elsewhere who has DONE it ?
May be am I to old to dream for top 300 kmh speed !
No offence !
 

·
The Dude
Joined
·
5,041 Posts
Olive said:
OK my friend. As you said, "would, should, could" but is there anybody here or elsewhere who has DONE it ?
May be am I to old to dream for top 300 kmh speed !
No offence !

unfortunately I 'only' have a 750, so that was out of my range. Maybe i'll get a new one and will keep you posted on progress. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
TokyoLunch said:
unfortunately I 'only' have a 750, so that was out of my range. Maybe i'll get a new one and will keep you posted on progress. :)
Great ! Hope you'll keep safe after this challenge !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,382 Posts
I think its all spin. As John said, has the 312 actually done 312 K ? As Goggie says, the bike being developed more for the track. How fast do you really want to go on a public road? I think the 312 will remain until the new bike arrives in 2009. I think the reason why the 312 has not sold in large numbers because it isn't that much different to the S and R models, body wise.
 

·
The Machinist
Joined
·
2,448 Posts
My thinking is that it is a bike that is more track oriented. Where as all the Japanese bikes are made for the masses so they have more restrictions. Any 1000cc bike with simple mods could and probably has reached that #. As for when it was reached on the MV the only time I heard of it was in the famous 312 test.

If the bike was called 300 or 320 we would probably still be having this conversation. But because we mere mortals rarely have the chance to go even 280 we question its ability. I still think it is the coolist looking and best performing bike that money could buy, and after all thats what it is all about any right?:blah:

I think all manufacturers would love to put 312 on there tail but they still can't.:laughing: just my .02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,216 Posts
MV done right would/could/should get over 300....how cool would that be to see on the speedo!!!!
Very, but speedos aren't often accurate, especially at high speed.

A friend of mine had an old GS1100 that had a custom speedo on it that over-read so badly we used to joke his bike was fitted with "Ego-boost". :)

Si
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
TheCatWhisperer said:
Very, but speedos aren't often accurate, especially at high speed.

A friend of mine had an old GS1100 that had a custom speedo on it that over-read so badly we used to joke his bike was fitted with "Ego-boost". :)

Si
Totaly agree. I wait for GPS real top speed... If there is any sens in it !
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top