MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after commenting on this being my quirky complaint, i realized that mine doesn't really work. the idle never really went up with the knob rotate. last night i fired up the MV and turned the knob and watched as all it does is twist the throttle grip. so i tightened the phillips screw in the knob and then the idle increased. now it will idle up to 4000rpm.

so my question is, what rpm does others bikes spin up to when the knob is turned? is it progressive or only goes up at full turn? 4000 rpm seems to be high for a cold engine. 750's diff from 1000?

·
Registered
26 Posts
have not a clue what you are talking about, or what you are doing, but stop it before you destroy your bike..... a 4000 rpm idle will not be good for any bike. me thinks you better ask for help from someone qualified. dont attempt to ride your bike for its safety and your own :wtf:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awww, it's not that bad. it would warm up with no choke whatsover, i was just making an adjustment and wanted to know what it should be so i could set it correctly. ;)

oh, and thanks james

·
Registered
375 Posts
I don't believe the choke is adjusted by simply turning that Phillips head screw. Don't tighten it too much as you may break something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts