MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Ugh. Anyone ever slam hard parts down on a big bike? I rented a Harley once (I am still confused as to why I would ever do this), and did it big time and headed toward the guardrail.

Never, ever again for me.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Broms said:
Holy smoke....has anyone seen this guy at Deals Gap??:jsm: :jsm:

He must spend a fair bit of time there !

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x30nzi_goldwing_extreme
:jsm: No he goes too fast...three things 1. no question he knows that road 2. holy shit is riding that pants off that thing and 3. holy shit he's riding the pants of that thing...I'll stick to my sports bike thanks :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
This is proof that it is not the machine but the rider...exactly what cracks me up when I hear people spending all those $$$$ for an extra 5 or 10 lbs off their bike or a few more horses....

Thanks for the video.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
b42day said:
Thanks for the video.
No probs, I copied it from Davey's post @ PSB....real thanks to the Dude with the camera riding behind !

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
B.Harris said:
Where is Deals Gap?
It is in the smoky mountains on the very west side of north carolina. Is a great road but, I was on another raod which was better. It was not short tight curves but flowing corners which you run about 70-80 on. I think Forbes had a top 10 motorcycle roads and both were on the list.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I rode a friends bike, one of the first Goldwings, back in the 70's and it was a pile of crap, it felt like the throttle to carburettor connection was via an elastic band or something. I've never ridden the modern ones, but to ride that hard on a bike of that size may well be crazy but certainly takes skill IMO.

·
Registered
571 Posts
effin awesome!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Kind of like dating a fat girl. Have fun. Just don't let anyone see you. ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was up there last year and got to ride with this guy. I am by far not the fastest rider but consider myself fairly quick. I went up with some friends of mine who used to race CCS racing with me and I could not lose this guy through the Gap on my MV except for maybe a few corners here and there and even then, he may have been just letting off a bit. Definitely a fast guy.

I spoke with him and he said the Wing is all stock except for some suspension tweaks as he said the stock suspension was too soft. He has Yellow Wolf painted on his motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
yeah, I know that guy...he has his bike set up with cameras fore and aft and will do videos of you as you go down the gap, and burn a dvd on the spot.
I think he has had a quite a bit of suspension work done as well as raising height for clearance.....he lives in the area, and knows the road like the back of his hand....that can make a hug difference on a road like that.

FWIW....i have a buddy that has a Pacific Coast (the big scooter looking honda with a trunk) .....he will embarrass 90% of the sportbikes out there on a twisty road....his secret weapon...suspension....lets just say its not stock.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts