MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried to order the carbon fiber slip ons for my f4 and i have been getting the run around for 3 weeks....i've cancelled my order and got a call from the guy that owns the place..really could not understand what he was saying except for the part when he told me to go to hell and hung up on me!..that guy is a jerk...screw that place

·
Registered
131 Posts
agustafan001 said:
tried to order the carbon fiber slip ons for my f4 and i have been getting the run around for 3 weeks....i've cancelled my order and got a call from the guy that owns the place..really could not understand what he was saying except for the part when he told me to go to hell and hung up on me!..that guy is a jerk...screw that place
i'm glad someone else realizes it!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow - I've purchased many items from Ferracci, have been out to there facility numerous times, and have even taken part in their group gatherings / rides, and I have nothing but praise for the place and the people who work there. I don't know who spoke to you like that, but I highly doub't it was the "owner". Maybe more so someone pretending to be, even though I can't imagine why. Ferracci has many parts and accessories they both fabricate and "brand". 3 weeks is 3 weeks, and thats no excuse for a run around, but I think there's a LOT to this story we're missing out on. When you ordered the pipes, did they say they were in stock in their PA facility? Did they have to be special ordered? Ferracci does have a sister location in Europe, and special orders can take anywhere from 10-14 days. That's 2 weeks right there. Some of their parts are made to order, which take even longer. Dealing with high-end parts for high-end machines like the MV, requires one thing I have come to notice and that's patience. I waited over 6 weeks for my 999's full titanium exhaust system from Akrappovic when it first hit the market. Imagine shelling out close to $3000 and hearing you'll have it 10 days, only to sit and wait 6 weeks! The wait was worth it though. Ferracci is known to have a very good rep in the business, I wouldn't give up on them this easy....

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
DucatiGuy said:
Imagine shelling out close to $3000 and hearing you'll have it 10 days, only to sit and wait 6 weeks! The wait was worth it though. Ferracci is known to have a very good rep in the business, I wouldn't give up on them this easy....
I'm glad you've had positive experiences with them, it's always nice to hear from both sides.

Just curious at what stage did they tell you it would be 6weeks? This is a lot longer than ten days and I'm personally very patient and would happily wait for this time for something I want but I too would be annoyed and them not delivering anywhere near thier promised time; just curious at what point did they say x weeks or was it always coming soon?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Old story, but I won an e-bay auction of theirs for a silver MV rear wheel. They decided not to honor the auction saying the wheel was damaged. I asked for a photo of the damaged wheel, they agreed, but never sent it. Took a couple weeks to get them to refund my PayPal.

I don't do business with them.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Gladio said:
Old story, but I won an e-bay auction of theirs for a silver MV rear wheel. They decided not to honor the auction saying the wheel was damaged. I asked for a photo of the damaged wheel, they agreed, but never sent it. Took a couple weeks to get them to refund my PayPal.

I don't do business with them.
ist was an Ebay transaction? :loser:

I have no reason to go to them for anything yet, but I am glad to hear both positive and negative stories.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Rockethouse said:
I'm glad you've had positive experiences with them, it's always nice to hear from both sides.

Just curious at what stage did they tell you it would be 6weeks? This is a lot longer than ten days and I'm personally very patient and would happily wait for this time for something I want but I too would be annoyed and them not delivering anywhere near thier promised time; just curious at what point did they say x weeks or was it always coming soon?
I placed my order with FBF after hearing directly from Akra that the exhaust systems for the 999 were shipping out. FBF took my order and estimated the delivery would take 7 to 10 days.

14 days later (2 weeks) after not recieving anything, I called FBF to find out what happen to my order. They said they had not heard anything or recieved anything from Akrapovic, and that it should be in any day now.

I was OK with that answer, and what's a few days extra to wait, no problem, but I figured I would call up Akra myself and try to see what if anything was wrong with my order. The first person who answered the phone was stoked about my order and said wait till you get the system, and all that, but when he transfered me to someone in billing I think, they informed me that all orders placed between so and so date were not shipping due to manufacturing quality issues (leaking welds) and that the new systems would ship out in a week or so. That in point showed me that NOT everyone at Akra knew what was going on, which may explain why FBF was not told anything, and I can't expect FBF to give my exhaust order all their attention and stop everything they're doing to find the answers I seek.

In my case FBF was left in the middle, and NOT at fault. They did their part in placing my order in time, but rather I put the blame on Akra for NOT following up and letting their distributors know what was up. If you ask me, I think it was to save face, after all who wants to say - sorry but our NEW highly praised and raved about 999 exhaust systems are leaking, thus all orders are going to be 3-6 weeks late.

In the end, I did get a perfect exhaust system with no problems.

Not hearing both sides to your story, a NUMBER of things pop into my mind that could have happen with your order. It could have been a problem or delay on FBF manufacturer, freight company, or something totally out of their hands. That's often the biggest problem running a retail business. Other peoples problems, becomes yours, and sometimes it just gets really tough dealing with it all.

FBF, unlike other mail order outfits, is not some wharehouse with two guys who stock parts and sit in front of their computers all day waiting for orders. It's an actual shop / dealership / service center / race team with years of history. Having spent much time there, its hard to even believe they have time to answer the phone. They're always working!

Last but not least, your shop or rep is ONLY as good as the people you have working for you, and unfortunately in this day age, finding good help is not as easy as it use to be. If someone at FBF did you wrong or screwed up your order, I would point the finger at the person directly and not blame the whole facility. Call the person out, say what you need to say, and don't work with him again. God knows theres some people I avoid when I go into certain stores, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who does that.

It may sound like I'm sticking up for FBF, but in fact I'm sticking up for all business owners (being one myself) and I know first hand the problems we all go through. I guess the one word or thought I can leave behind here after everything said and done is communication!

·
Registered
798 Posts
While I have never ordered anything from FBF, I found them to be VERY responsive when I was looking for a steering damper for my Brutale. They told me that they did not have a damper for my bike but would look around and see if they could find something from any manufacturer and that they would call me back. Well I figured I would never hear back from them. Two days pass and to my surprise, they call me back and said that they had investigated for me and still were not able to locate a steering damper. I could see them calling me back if they HAD found something to sell me. But they actually called me back to apologize that they were not able to locate one. I would have no problem ordering from them in the future.

·
Registered
479 Posts
The previous owner of my SPR had a similar experience trying to order slip ons for it.

Delays, hassles, and finally he just cancelled the order.

Never any personal experience with them, but it seems to be a common complaint.

If as a business owner your people are too busy to do a good job....you're still running a bad business. Hard to get help or not, there's no excuse not to have enough staff.

If you can't get enough people, you have to do something about it, including maybe downsizing a staff intensive side of the biz.

No sympathy here.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
True. One pissed off customer makes far more noise about it than 20 satisfied ones. The old business saying 'you can't please all the people all the time' may have some truth in it, but I reckon you CAN please most of the people most of the time if you try! :blah:

·
Registered
337 Posts
well...here it goes....i called 2 place an order for a clutch lever and tank panel (as i knew they had those in stock since the other re-sellers order from FBF). I took several calls in which the lady who answers the phone would pick up and say that allan is on the phone and took a message. It took me a couple of days before i finally complained about the number of message i left. she said the best way to get a hold of him is through e-mail. i sent several e-mails. finally, after a call in which she could hear the irritation in my voice about non-responsiveness, allan called in the late evening and said something about the e-mail system and how he didn't get messages from the phone lady. I thought that was bad customer service, but in the end he took the order that day and i received the part in MD the next day. that was very cool!

to end, if a re-seller takes an order for a part they are responsible for following up with a manufacturer or where ever they get parts from for the customer to ensure the customer has the part in a timely manner especially if they provide a timeframe. If the manufacturer or parts dealer has an issue than FBF should communicate that back to the customer as soon as possible so the customer can decide whether to cancel the order or be satisfied they know the status of the order they have already paid for.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Ok Soundoff

Guys,

Old subject beaten often...BUT worthy of comment.

Say what you want....Good and Bad.

I will have this thread seen by those that need to see it. I am sure they will acknowledge getting parts ordered and delivered has been an issue at FBF. I know FBF seeks to improve itself as we all do, both personally and professionally.

Just remember...patience is often needed in getting special parts for our loved Italian beasts.

Peter

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
DucatiGuy,

My family has been running it's own retail businesses for 50 years so I have an idea of what it's like and poor customer service is just that...I understand that issues can arise from suppliers etc and that from time to time you will have an unhappy customer no matter what you do but there just seems to be too many people that have had a negative experience with them for supply to always be the issue.

I am not in the states so I havn't done business with them but I have one friend that rides an MV over there who also an unhappy customer...that has to say something.

There are obviously things that need to be addressed and systems put in place to ensure a higher level of customer satisfaction.

Maybe the guys from FBF can check out this thread.

http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1255

·
Registered
131 Posts
Rockethouse said:
:laughing:

Must admit it crossed my mind.
I'm sorry to say, but it's not your imagination!!! They are terrible and Eraldo is as much as a salesman as the next guy!! I know him personally and the only business that I give him is tuning bikes!!! That doesn't require any wait. You schedule your appt., take it in and he does it. And by the way, it was him that told you to go to Hell, he is the only one that has an accent in the facility!!! If your looking for parts, just start calling across the country to all the dealers, that's what I did and had much success, particularly with MotoFixx in Conn. Rob in parts is quick and honest or Warhorse in PA, they are honest and easy to deal with also. What's funny is when I called around for a full exhsaust for a F4 750, (which is advertised by Ferracci and they no longer are being outsourced because they are focusing on 1000's) , I spoke to every MV dealer and they all said that Ferracci might have it, I told them my situation and they said the same thing, "We don't like to deal with them either because they tell us a couple weeks and we in turn tell our customers that and then they end up taking weeks sometimes over a month!!"

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
I ran into the same problem last year trying to get an exhaust. They were never responsive to anything and didn't seem to care either. needless to say, they will never get any of my $$. JMO but also the opinion of others i know :argue:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
jovanotti11 said:
it. And by the way, it was him that told you to go to Hell, he is the only one that has an accent in the facility!!!
I think this was meant for agustafan001...

Just as a side note the distributor here in Australia The Paul Feeney Group is outstanding and while I'm sure ther must be somone out there who's unhappy with them I've never heard of it and I think you would be pushing shit uphill find them. They are absolutely professional in every part of thier operation and I would say that it's no small part to them that MV are doing so well here.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts