MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to comment on my personal experience with this shop, at least its parts department.
I have purchased a few things from them, most recently a couple of fuel connectors (see thread below).

Their price was awesome at $10.95 each, compared to $125 at the dealer for OEM, or $85 for its Ducati counterpart, which fits. Their sales team is very knowledgeable and helpful everty time I call them. I don't order online because their website relies on a third party POS (Point of Sale) and they suck.

I am surprised to know others have had a completely different experience with these folks. My two cents worth.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=5569

·
Registered
200 Posts
I truly wish I could report a positive experience. Since ordering a pair of bar risers for my F4 about 4 weeks ago I've placed 3 separate calls to FBF to inquire about the status of my order. All 3 times the parts person at FBF said "they'll be on there way today". My last call to them was yesterday so we'll see how long it takes to receive my order. Interestingly enough I did place my order online and at some point during all 3 calls they said something about ongoing issues with their online ordering system.

If I do ever decide to do business with them again I'll call next time and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I won't touch them again!Having ordered, and paid in full, a race system for my F4, I was surprised that it didn't fit my existing standard headers. I lost count of the number of e- mails I sent to Allan Lane at the parts department to try and find what the problem was. He wouldn't reply to my messages for ages and when he did the answers were often unclear. Finally, with the help of Geoff at eMoto (top bloke!), we realised the exhaust that had been sent was for a Brutale. It ended up taking about 3 months to get the correct headers sent and not once did I receive an apology, never mind any kind of compensation for the bike being off the road for so long, due to their error. As if that wasn't bad enough, I am now waiting for them to return a core charge fee (deposit) for the big bore kit I ordered. I have sent four e-mails over the last 2 months and still have not received a reply. As you might imagine I am furious with them and cannot believe that a so-called reputable company could treat a customer so disgracefully. For goodness' sake everyone, use eMoto instead - you couldn't ask for better service!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
brian0473 said:
I truly wish I could report a positive experience. Since ordering a pair of bar risers for my F4 about 4 weeks ago I've placed 3 separate calls to FBF to inquire about the status of my order. All 3 times the parts person at FBF said "they'll be on there way today". My last call to them was yesterday so we'll see how long it takes to receive my order. Interestingly enough I did place my order online and at some point during all 3 calls they said something about ongoing issues with their online ordering system.

If I do ever decide to do business with them again I'll call next time and see if it makes a difference.
Brian,
Sorry to hear about your issues with them. I always ask for Tristan in the Parts department and he is very helpful. I too bought the clip-on bar raisers from him (which I installed, heted, took off and sold, but that is another story), as well as some carbon fiber body parts. I always get them within 4 days after I place the order with him.
This last order for the fuel quick-release couplers took two days and it was only $8 for shipping. I do know that if you order online, it literally gets lost in space and they have to first verify funds before shipping anything, which may take them forever. Don't use it again.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I can't believe it's getting worse...below is an email I received from Tristan @ FBF. Is this true? I've never heard anyone mention having to purchase new tubes for their risers. Either way they still shipped the risers. If I have to buy tubes to go with them those risers will be on ebay the day after I get them and I'll go with the new setup offered by EMoto.

Brian,

I just realized after talking with one of my dealerships, if you do not have a set of handle bar tubes, these risers will not do you any good, as the factory setup is one solid piece. I have the tubes, they are $19.95 ea. Let me know how you would like to proceed please, and I am sorry for the confusion, I have my tech team fixing that on the website as we speak. You can either call, or e-mail me.

Best Regards,

Tristan N. Gatineau
Fast By Ferracci
Customer Service

·
Registered
284 Posts
I sent emails to them inquiring on different items. Always takes forever to get an answer as mentioned before. I ended up placing my first order with emoto, followed by my second, my third and so on. No need to deal with FBF, their lost on the greenbacks not mine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
blade007 said:
I sent emails to them inquiring on different items. Always takes forever to get an answer as mentioned before. I ended up placing my first order with emoto, followed by my second, my third and so on. No need to deal with FBF, their lost on the greenbacks not mine.
I also have a very bad experience with FBF. They change, without any consult, the final price of a closed order, by charging an additional amount to the CC. The final amount of the part, including transport, duties & charges rises from $626 to $921, and I have to pay for that mistake.
Once the part is 6.000 miles away from shop, it's very difficult to deal with them.

After that I buy a lot of parts at Emotouk. It's really a fine shop. Great parts, high quality, great personalized attention. It's also very easy to deal with Geoff.

Regards

Heinkel A102
Honda CB-77
Yamaha RD-400
BMW R-80GS
Yamaha RD-500
Husqvarna 400
Suzuki DR-350
Yamaha YZ 426 F
Yamaha VMax
MV Agusta Brutale S 910

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
brian0473 said:
I can't believe it's getting worse...below is an email I received from Tristan @ FBF. Is this true? I've never heard anyone mention having to purchase new tubes for their risers. Either way they still shipped the risers. If I have to buy tubes to go with them those risers will be on ebay the day after I get them and I'll go with the new setup offered by EMoto.

Brian,

I just realized after talking with one of my dealerships, if you do not have a set of handle bar tubes, these risers will not do you any good, as the factory setup is one solid piece. I have the tubes, they are $19.95 ea. Let me know how you would like to proceed please, and I am sorry for the confusion, I have my tech team fixing that on the website as we speak. You can either call, or e-mail me.

Best Regards,

Tristan N. Gatineau
Fast By Ferracci
Customer Service
ok. what seems to be happening here is, FBF is assuming you have a 1000 in which case you would need to purchase some tubes because the 1000 clipons are one piece. because you have a 750, you can just use your existing tubes with the new risers. so unless you want some spare tubes, you don't have to buy any.

·
Registered
200 Posts
style_one said:
ok. what seems to be happening here is, FBF is assuming you have a 1000 in which case you would need to purchase some tubes because the 1000 clipons are one piece. because you have a 750, you can just use your existing tubes with the new risers. so unless you want some spare tubes, you don't have to buy any.
Thanks for the post Style_One. I didn't even think of that. So I have an actual UPS tracking number this time and it appears I should have my risers tomorrow. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll end up ordering the riser clip-ons from EMoto anyway. I guess we'll see.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have a diffeent experience with FBF. I just ordered the FBF risers via: eBay. Half a day later, after reading (on this forum) that these risers wouldn't fix the smashed thumbs issue, I emailed them and asked if I could get a refund and to not send them afterall. They were very helpful and agreed to do so. However, after reading even more (on this forum) about how, yes, they do indeed help with the smashed thumbs, I wrote them back and said I'll take them after all. They arrived at my door 4 days later. Look great, but my question is installation?? There's no directions and/or hints. I'm sure it's a straightforward install (or maybe it isn't...), but I'd like to have the angles right, have each side match the angle as the opposite, etc. So any helpful install hints would be appreciated. For the 750.

Keith

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm glad to hear your experience was positive. I did end up getting mine and I'm glad I ordered them..they fixed the smashed thumb thing (for me anyway) and do make a difference in comfort IMO.

I don't remember any big issues installing them except for trial and error on getting the alignment just right (to my preference). While I installed them I also removed the pins that force the clutch and brake levers at their fixed, non-adjustable positions which allowed me to move them down a bit - again just my preference for comfort...now I don't have to bend my wrists up so much which helps.

I figured a picture is worth 1000 words so I snapped off a few for you here. I hope they help.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had bought the carbon fiber intake covers that were recessed and never had any thumb issues that i remember. of course you have to cut the original intakes and these fit on top of them, but they worked for me when i had my F4

·
Registered
447 Posts
for any of you guys who have put bar risers on the
312R - were you able to use same cables/lines such
as brake, clutch etc...

thanks

steve

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I won't touch them again!Having ordered, and paid in full, a race system for my F4, I was surprised that it didn't fit my existing standard headers. I lost count of the number of e- mails I sent to Allan Lane at the parts department to try and find what the problem was. He wouldn't reply to my messages for ages and when he did the answers were often unclear. Finally, with the help of Geoff at eMoto (top bloke!), we realised the exhaust that had been sent was for a Brutale. It ended up taking about 3 months to get the correct headers sent and not once did I receive an apology, never mind any kind of compensation for the bike being off the road for so long, due to their error. As if that wasn't bad enough, I am now waiting for them to return a core charge fee (deposit) for the big bore kit I ordered. I have sent four e-mails over the last 2 months and still have not received a reply. As you might imagine I am furious with them and cannot believe that a so-called reputable company could treat a customer so disgracefully. For goodness' sake everyone, use eMoto instead - you couldn't ask for better service!
Not good to hear. Not at all. You should dispute this particular charge with them, through your credit card company and then tell them were they can go with themselves forever. this is a great way for them to loss customers, that's for shit sure.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm glad to hear your experience was positive. I did end up getting mine and I'm glad I ordered them..they fixed the smashed thumb thing (for me anyway) and do make a difference in comfort IMO.

I don't remember any big issues installing them except for trial and error on getting the alignment just right (to my preference). While I installed them I also removed the pins that force the clutch and brake levers at their fixed, non-adjustable positions which allowed me to move them down a bit - again just my preference for comfort...now I don't have to bend my wrists up so much which helps.

I figured a picture is worth 1000 words so I snapped off a few for you here. I hope they help.
Brian,

Are they comfortable to ride with ? I tried that switching from left to right (thread from this forum) but it didn't work for me.
I can't find them on the e-moto site, could you point me in right direction.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i've been ordering duc parts and recently MV parts for 8 years now from FBF and i've had no problems with them, I always use the phone to order, and fast shipping, couple times I got a free t-shirts or hat.
i was gonna order there clip on but they said that they were on back ordered so i declined but they told me that i would need to get tubes up front.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i bought my F4 from FBF. not bad.

however...without saying names..when i contacted this "parts" person, it took me abouuttt ohhhhhh id say at least 9 calls and 5 months to get an estimate on some "things." keep in mind i called evry time! Very friendly staff but they kept giving me the run around about how they were working on my order...(over $3K)...yada...yada...yada.

i wasnt gonna bash them until i read this and found out that others are having problems with them.

i just gave up and got em somewhere else.:loser:

·
Registered
447 Posts
i called fbf to check on carbon fibre slip ons
the parts person told me they were out of
stock and would call me when they come available
ive never heard from them again - ive bought them
elsewhere

steve

·
Registered
294 Posts
My interaction is limited with them but I must say it was more than a pleasant one. I first called them to learn about their ECU exchange pricing. Andrea was not only knowledgeable and taking her time answering all my questions. When she didn't have an answer, she didn't just say "no, cannot" but volunteered to find answers. Little later I've got a call from Mr. Ferrace himself explaining all I needed to know. Then, I received a follow-up call from Adrian to check on me to see if I received the call. That's top notch in my book. For what I wanted to get their prices were not right but they allowed me to have their wiggle room in pricing. I ended up ordering only the VDSTS for 5SM, placed the order Thursday, received it Friday morning for a mere $8. I will definitely do more business with them.
I am sure you hear negative things about certain vendors but I believe it is because people tend to share when something is not right. My two and half cents...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts