MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So the time has come to get a PC3 and a tune. It looks like FBF is the closest shop to me for Agusta. Has anybody had any experience with them? They seem to be a pretty reputable shop, but I always like to find somebody that had a first hand feedback.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
No doubt a friendly phone cal to Hoak, the service manager, with whatever your service needs are, will be attended to. Jason or Phil, most likely with Eraldo Ferracci, will work once hardware is in place to set your bike on the dyno.

From where you are, this is the shop you should use. Allan is the parts manager, and a friendly relationship will go a long way to your satisfying MV part needs in a timely fashion.

Make sure you take the time to introduce yourself to Eraldo and I'm sure you'lll be satisfied.

When you pick bike up, make sure you take it out for a quick test before you go.

Good-luck, Peter

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
I agree with Gladio, i will never do business with them after my experiance, but i think the experiances vary so much you will just have to choose regardless of what everyone else thinks. Good luck.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I can tell you as a recent duc owner, and active duc forum member, that Ferracci's reputation in that circle is sketchy, at best. They are not held in terribly high regard these days.

If you're a local who's regularly spending considerable money there then it may be different.

My $.02.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I hear they have an optimistic dyno....otherwise, the people I ran into personally, have had good experiance, yet, the ones who had bad experiances, had HORRIBLE ones....

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I suggest those negative voices here spend some time in the shop. Look around, see the MANY racing ducs, MV's and other fine machines being tuned there. I'm in there all the time as it is 5 minutes from my hospital; I see what goes on there. There is alot of fine workmanship and mods being done there. For all the negative one hears, there are MANY more satisfied customers whom are just quiet. And I do understand that in the recent past some employees and services were marginal; BUT, that is NOT the case NOW.

Respectfully submitted

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oicdn said:
I hear they have an optimistic dyno....otherwise, the people I ran into personally, have had good experiance, yet, the ones who had bad experiances, had HORRIBLE ones....

Now come on, you're a 1000 miles away and there were only 2 MVs in Jax and one moved with me, who could you have heard this from? :stickpoke

I'm most likely going to go check it out in 2 weeks. I'm a bit slammed for the next 14 days. I'll share my expereince with everybody.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Very smart bunch of people. Most of us can only understand 1/3 of the technical info that him and his shop have to offer.
A wealth of infomation. I have bought parts from there and will in the future.

Who else has the racing/tuning history that rivals them?

B.T.W. How do you make a dynojet dyno optimistic? I know how the right tuner can make a bike run like it was on a optimistic dyno. I know I saw a f4 make 167 hp on his dyno today in person.

But thats the differance between open loop and close loop people.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
UA_Agusta said:
Now come on, you're a 1000 miles away and there were only 2 MVs in Jax and one moved with me, who could you have heard this from? :stickpoke

I'm most likely going to go check it out in 2 weeks. I'm a bit slammed for the next 14 days. I'll share my expereince with everybody.
From alot of the Ducati guys down here. I posted an MV1K dyno sheet there on the R6 board, and most everybody said the same thing "Damn that's hella impressive...then I saw that it was from FBF, and now it's just 'meh'"

There's a coupld Husqy guys that say teh same...optimistic dyno, but the crew there is top notch...

·
Registered
279 Posts
UA- I had a great experience there with my 600 mi service on the Senna. I was on the fence about going back there, even though i bought the bike there. But I have to say, they did a great job and I am now an advocate.

Their tech knowledge is top shelf and it is definitely worth it to make Eraldo's aquaintance = he will def look after you, especially as a new customer.

UA_Agusta said:
Ok, So the time has come to get a PC3 and a tune. It looks like FBF is the closest shop to me for Agusta. Has anybody had any experience with them? They seem to be a pretty reputable shop, but I always like to find somebody that had a first hand feedback.

Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
i also had a great experience with them for my first service on my 750 brutale.
everyone was extremely accomodating, (i have a crazy schedule working 6 days a week) so i took a day off, rode down first thing in the morning, and they were able to do it while i waited patiently :) they did a quick dyno on it, and even set the suspension up for me. Hoak also handled the warranty issue with my seat cover bubbling up and i was able to have it replaced on the spot as well. :)

it was also very nice meeting mr. ferracci, and i got a shop and warehouse mini-tour. he answered alot of questions for me treating me as a fellow enthusiast and not some dumb girl, and was very helpful with some performance suggestions.

i know experiences can vary greatly, depending on the season and how busy the shop is. but everyone there from sales to service was very pleasant. just my 2 cents.

maire

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have recently had a very poor experience with FBF from a parts point of view. I ordered a lot of stuff from them, including race headers for my 750. They arrived, but myself and the mechanic couldn't work out why they wouldn't fit; the bore was significantly larger than the slip-ons. To cut a long, tedious and very, very annoying story short, I had to chase up Allan at FBF on a regular basis to get any kind of help from him to solve the problem. It eventually took something like 6 WEEKS for him to admit that he had sent the wrong headers and even then he was reluctant to do anything to rectify his mistake. He never once apologised and frankly it was the worst service I have had from anyone in a very long time; utterly shoddy and a disgrace.
My biggest regret is not dealing with eMoto from the start (I didn't hear about them until I'd already ordered from FBF); Geoff at eMoto has been superb - efficient, friendly, helpful - everything, and more, that I would hope for. It's unfortunate that I had such a bad experince with FBF, but the fact is I will never use them again. eMoto, on the other hand - top operation - can't recommend them highly enough!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I bought a 200 gramme MV carbon seat unit from FBF, it arrived in a Ducati box measuring 3ft square and 1foot 6 high and weighing in at 8 kg's (17lb) due to the amount of packing in it, the freight to the UK was about £60, I ask you.................................. :jerkoff:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Reopropf said:
I suggest those negative voices here spend some time in the shop. Look around, see the MANY racing ducs, MV's and other fine machines being tuned there. I'm in there all the time as it is 5 minutes from my hospital; I see what goes on there. There is alot of fine workmanship and mods being done there. For all the negative one hears, there are MANY more satisfied customers whom are just quiet. And I do understand that in the recent past some employees and services were marginal; BUT, that is NOT the case NOW.

Respectfully submitted

I'll second that!! I've known Eraldo for many years and regardless of what you've heard, he knows hit shit when it comes to Ducati and MV powerplants. You can thank him indirectly for the existence of the 1098 engine. He was the guy always pushing the limits of that twin, not the factory. It was his development and production of the big-bore Ducati kits that Ducati used to their advantage. Prior to Ducati producing production bike displacement increases, it was Ferracci doing it first.
Over the years, like so many businesses, his has gone through many changes both in facility and personnel. I never had a complaint about sales or service. Until recently, the parts department was in somewhat of a bad way but thanks to guys like Allan, it appears to be pretty well sorted out. I would honestly say that they have come around and have a good operation. Now let's hope the very recently hired GM doesn't try to prove he's some kind of a hero and scare everyone (employees and customers) out the door!!!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
I had ordered a jacket from them last year and they sent it out right away, so they are ok by me.
Remember, Eraldo Ferracci ran the Ducati racing team and are now heading up the MV squad, his son is head of Cagiva USA (MV), so they must be doing something right!
Not saying this is an excuse for poor customer service, but you have to remember that he has people working for him, he cant do it all by himself and he cant watch everything all the time. You have to rely on your good employees and weed out the bad ones. (If your not self employed)Take a look at where you work, is everyone top notch and always at their A game best? I doubt it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts