MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just mocking everything up in cardboard before I get the tabs welded on the rad itself. Going to use 1/8 thick aluminium for the tabs and 1/4 thick aluminium for the braces attached to the fan. I have the fan blades spaced 3mm off the rad. Anyone have anything else to add before I finalize it!?
And yes everything was marked out while the rad was still on the bike.

·
Vendor
5,330 Posts
What header pipes do you run?Because Bodis will melt that fan in no time.Ask me how I know.:jsm:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha Thanks Mitch. I have internally and externally ceramic coated stock headers. My Bodis setup will consist of catless mid pipe and Bodis Slip on.

·
Vendor
5,330 Posts
Very good.After all the work on fitting my 3rd fan,all was good with the RG3 exhaust then fitted the Bodis system,major meltdown within 15 minutes.:wtf:

·
Super Moderator
22,313 Posts
No room for Joes rad support rod either.

Ed S :)
Plus, it adds additional weight to the critical left side of the radiator support. That's where the splits happen.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
All old F4's have this potential problem, but, if you get you fan brackets right, this can serve the same purpose as Joe's bracket, re-enforcing the radiator.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I think I built it strong enough to act as its own support. Here's the finished product. Just need to get the ends welded to the tank. This will happen Wednesday. Do you think I should drill holes in the brace to promote better airflow?

·
Vendor
5,330 Posts
They are certainly heavy duty brackets.The 3rd fan does work very well.Are you going to wire it so all 3 fans come on at the same time?Thats what I did.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I will have them all come on together. I'm going to skip the manual switch for now as the eprom I'm getting will turn the fans on at 90C. If I still feel its getting hot I will use your trick of splicing the wire at the relay and run the wire to the switch. Do you think I should put holes in the bracket?

·
Vendor
5,330 Posts
I don't think holes in the brackets would be of any advantage.Other members may disagree though.

·
Vendor
5,330 Posts
Your fan bracket is slightly different in that yours sits flat against the radiator opposed to the other being raised away from the fins/core.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Swissinn, you've done a fine job

The finish is so professional.

PS - you should consider selling these brackets and fans. I'm lining up already to be your first customer

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the kind words 916. Its super easy to do yourself. $11 worth of aluminum and some basic hand tools. Drill, grinder, bench vise, vise grips and a pop riveter. Voila! And about 3 hours of your time.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Thanks for the kind words 916. Its super easy to do yourself. $11 worth of aluminum and some basic hand tools. Drill, grinder, bench vise, vise grips and a pop riveter. Voila! And about 3 hours of your time.
You are assuming these guys are mechanically inclined :). One easy way to solve the overheating problem is to NOT stop and go fast

1 - 20 of 44 Posts