MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the Cob Job. It should increase the airflow through the rad but whether it's going to cool things down some I don't know. Once I get it all back together and run it I'll let you know.

OK Lewdog, let's have the smartmouth on this one as well.

A very Merry CHRISTMAS to you all, and I hope Santa brings each of you a nice goodie.

Lee

Attachments

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
lee....I hope you enjoy my responses as much as I enjoy typing them....as site smartass, I take my job seriously.
now, down to bidness...

1. Looks pretty good.
2. Rubber hoses wtf.......you got something against silicone, all that work, throw some blingy red ones on there.
3. YOU overlooked one major of cooling potential......those big flat metal areas on both sides of the radiator...you should jb weld a bunch of CPU heat sinks on those for max cooling.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lewdog,

Yes I do get a kick out your jibes as well as returning them. But one question. As the resident smartass is what I've seen so far the best you can do?

1- Thank you

2- Yeah the rubber hoses suck but I'm too lazy to source the silicone. Direct me please.

3- Heat sinks eh? Never thought of that and it's too late now 'cause I'm sick of F----g with it. JB? Good stuff, and I use it here and there. There;s a better product out called "Fusor". Comes in different formulas depending on the app. I used 111B to bond the fan brackets to the rad. Good to 600F and will take 3000 lbs before shearing.

·
MV Cellist
4,593 Posts
heat sinks? :laughing: :laughing:

JB weld huh... I don't think that stuff transfers heat very well. :laughing: :eek:nthecan: :stir:

All joking aside, I love this product http://www.marinetex.com/ this is one of the epoxy resins on the market readily available that truly works for plastic, I have used it for years for grip reduction jobs on Glocks and it works great.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
lee,
yes that is the best I can do....I said I was a smartass, not "smart".

I will have to look into those other epoxies, I aint never herd of those...I live in tenesse ya know. Those others would make a nice addition to my limited eddition Dale Earndheart Snap on box...right now all I got is some vise grips and a claw hammer that my paw left me....but I can pretty much fix anythang with those.

Anyways have a Merry Christmas,,,,I gotta go plug the lights up, theve been up all year, I hope they still work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts