MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well have a read of this email from Michael at Corbin Seats, I would be up for it if I lived over there. Please let me know if some one wants to do this, it's an offer you could not refuse if you are close to this area. First in best dressed as there is only the first one availible free.

Hi Mark,

I wanted to mail you a follow-up letter. I know it's been some time since the initial request you made for the MV Agusta Brutale 750 & 910R & 910S. We have decided to move forward and build possible front & rear seats for this bike. Only catch is - we're in need of this bike.

I had your email on file - if you're aware of any online forums dedicated to the Brutale 750/910R/910S or possibly a member of them, spread the word that we're looking for anyone near our Hollister, CA factory who has either of these models and can loan us the bike for a time - the trade-off is that they will get the first production parts for this bike free of charge. It's the least we can do for keeping their baby (and we'll take care of it too).

Any other additional feedback as to what MV owners might want or be interested in, is appreciated. Let me know if there's any other info that might be of help, and hopefully we'll get a bike in soon to start tooling up!

Regards,
Michael Alva
Corbin Saddles

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darkside said:
Hollister is about 40 minutes away for me!!
I'll do it :yo: :drummer: :guitarist
Great stuff

Can you send me your details (email), name and number etc... I will let Michael know and get their details for you. Then you can contact Michael.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
It looks like you got it you lucky basterd! GOOD LUCK Mr. Darkside. :yo:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Darkside, be very careful. They might turn your lovely mv into a two-wheeled fibreglass boat, with flames starting in the nose cowl, continuing through the fairings and on into the tail section. Or maybe yours will become the first mv-corbin sofa. Don't laugh, it's the corbin way.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Darkside said:
I will make sure and watch my step
thanks for the concern
I am sure they will only be intersted in the seats. Even if you dont like them, hey sell them you won't have paid a cent anyway. I have a mate over here that has Corbin seats on his Triumph, he swares by them and I have seen the seat, looks brilliant and very good qulity.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Aussie MV said:
I am sure they will only be intersted in the seats. Even if you dont like them, hey sell them you won't have paid a cent anyway. I have a mate over here that has Corbin seats on his Triumph, he swares by them and I have seen the seat, looks brilliant and very good qulity.
Don't worry, that was my evil jealous twin that posted.

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Aussie MV said:
I've heard nothing but good things about their products as well
I can't wait to see what they do

I wonder how long they will need the bike?
I guess I will know soon enough :moped:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dearpixel said:
Don't worry, that was my evil jealous twin that posted.
I thought so, I bet a few of these emails come darksides way, cheeky bugger. :laughing:

I will let you know Darkside if Michael contacts me before you, you might even get to give some input as to how the seat is manufactured.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hi There I Mailed Corbin And They Gave The Impression That What Is A Mv Agusta ? However I Am Interested In Purchasing A Corbin Like I Replace All My Seats On My Bikes

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pablobrutale said:
Hi There I Mailed Corbin And They Gave The Impression That What Is A Mv Agusta ? However I Am Interested In Purchasing A Corbin Like I Replace All My Seats On My Bikes
Watch this space, Darkside will be feeding back to us on what is going on with the product when they contact him.

·
Registered
522 Posts
pablobrutale said:

I had also gotten the the same responceand that was last week.But maybe enough people have gotten touch with them and they changed their minds!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My original email was in August and they said the same to me. But I kept onto them a coulple of times more and with every one else getting onto them Michael has contacted me.

Lets go for it I reckon.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What about a thin red line around the outside of the seats, like the line around some of the rims, but a lot thinner?? You could even have the colours of the Italian flag but that might be over kill?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Brutale seat

Hello guys/gals,

I used to own a Ducati SuperLight that I bought a Corbin seat for. The original seat was a piece of wet suit foam. The Corbin seat was great. Much better then the blue print model. He will let us choose the color of pipeing around the seat, red, grey, black, etc to match the main paint color of the bike. I did send my seat back because the stitching was not perfectly straight one side of the backrest pad portion. They corrected this right away. The only complaint I have is the attaching studs did not line up perfectly with the holes in my seat fairing, I had to elongate some holes. The fiberglass seat pan he made also did not fit exactly, it did cause some chaffing at various contact areas on the seat fairing, not enough to upset me, but it was there. Maybe Darkside should remind him of this. He needs to know MV owners are as bad as Ducati owners when it comes to quality details. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Anything new on the Corbin seats for the Brutale?? How did it all work out because I need one! I have always had a corbin seat on my bikes and the Brutale needs it bad! Gel pads do not work!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts