·
Registered
674 Posts
Nice one Yeloboi! Any info on how you fitted/wired it? Thanks for posting! :yo:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was lazy and took it to a shop. They charged me 70.00 bucks. It was well worth it, trust me....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Lee, I install a switch following your design and it fixed my over heating. However; I have a 750 witch runs cooler than the 1000. The switch works great for when I'm stuck in traffic.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lee the beauty of the switch is I can turn the fan on way before the bike starts to heat up. I've been stopped at lights in 80 degree temps and it never started blinking.....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the joke. Trust me, but because of the severity of the bikes overheating issues I looked past it...

·
Registered
52 Posts
The water temperature sensor is an analog type, it changes resistance with temperature, which is interpreted by the ECU.

When this resistance reaches a threshold, i.e. 105 degr. C, it switches the fan on.

For this reason you cannot directly bypass the temperature sensor.

What i did in the attached diagram is to bypass the ECU's digital output with a switch.

By connecting on side of the switch to ground, and the other side to the pin on relay 47 (fan relay) that has the white/black wire on it, the fans (items 29 & 31 on the diagram) will switch on with the bypass switch.

If you leave the bypass switch off, the ECU will still turn the fan on and off as required.

I hope the above is clear, otherwise i can elaborate a bit more.

I've looked at the wiring diagrams of all these models; (F4 1000 S - S1+1 - AGO - MT F4 1000 R - R1+1 - SENNA MY 2006 F4 1000 R - R1+1 - F4 312R - R 1+1 MY 2007 / 2008 - F4 1078 RR 312 - RR 1+1 312) and this mod will work on all of them.

Willy

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To all that have added the fan switch, where did you mount it? You see where I put mine...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you for sharing.

Could you explain your method of using the switch?
Do you just leave the switch in the on position at all times, or
do you wait until some temperature has built up in the bike?

Is it wired to work only when the ignition is on?

Many thanks again!

·
Registered
21 Posts
By connecting on side of the switch to ground, and the other side to the pin on relay 47 (fan relay) that has the white/black wire on it, the fans (items 29 & 31 on the diagram) will switch on with the bypass switch.

Thanks for elaborating.
Could you tell us where the fan relay is located?

Best,
pino

1 - 19 of 19 Posts