MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi im looking for a replacement fan relay mine is on the blink, i have tested it out, and found it is sticking.

can i use a normal micro 4 pin 12V 30A Electric Fan Relay found in automative car shop.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Hi im looking for a replacement fan relay mine is on the blink, i have tested it out, and found it is sticking.

can i use a normal micro 4 pin 12V 30A Electric Fan Relay found in automative car shop.

I'm no sparky but, I dissected one of these a couple of years ago and read a bit and you have to be careful that the correct internal diode/ resistor is there as when the relay is switched off a back emf can occur and shunt current to the ECU along the ground wire ?

We must have somebody clever with electrics who knows all this stuff and can expand on it ?

Anyway, I wouldn't stick any old relay in ..I'd check the spec closely especially with God knows what getting into the supply chain from China , sold for the lowest price..

I've got a few OE spare you can have one for the cost of the post..

Joe

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Joe, I did pick up a branded one Narva 4 PIN 12V 20A and yes with resistor diode.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts