MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last season I encountered high engine temperatures on a couple of occasions and I was unsure if the fan was activating early enough or at all, so for this year I've added a spst switch to the fan relay so that I can manually turn the fan on. :) I thought it turned out pretty nice:

Toggle type switch was purchased from Home Depot if anyone is looking to do the same. Only additional materials was a short length of wire and some wire solder. The relay is tagged with an F on the wires and is located on the Left side of the battery if you are looking for it (the manual suggested it was on the Right side but it's not) Total cost was less then 10$

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looks nice an tidy,

Will the fan still operation automatically or will it only run if you manually turn it on?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's wired in parallel so it will run off the thermostat switch or the manual switch.

I did a similar modification to a trials bike once, on that bike the idle would drop when the fan turned on and that was problematic when it happened in the middle of a section, so I would activate the fan manually each time I entered a section.

·
Vendor
5,158 Posts
Nice tidy job.I thought overheating was all solved by now especially on the F3's,obviously not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts