MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any stories about famous people riding MV Agusta's?

I'll start off with one that happened to me just the other day. I was at my local Italian bike dealer, Renaissance Motorcycles (Tucson, AZ), to pick up my Ducati 749R and to check in on the progress on the MV Corse project(still waiting on the Titanium midpipe...everything else is in). I was speaking with the owner when the phone rings and the sales manager calls over and says Peter Fonda is on line one and wants to speak with you. Well, as you can imagine, I thought it was cool that one half of the Easy Rider team was calling so I asked the owner if it was THE Peter Fonda. It turns out it was and he actually owns an MV F4 1000. I told the owner to make sure Peter knows that there's another MV owner in town and that I'd love to go riding with him sometime (perhaps my unique MV Corse with all the other cool bits will entice him?).

He said he would definitely pass the word along to him. We'll see what happens...I think it'd be cool to ride with Peter. I'll let you guys know if it works out.

Anyone else got any stories?

Steve

P.S. Peter, if you happen to read this thread...it'd be an honor to ride with you so look me up!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
...as posted elsewhere here, Olivier Jacque rode my MV
...and Troy Bayliss has had a sit on

...and I saw a picture of Brad Pitt in one of my wife's gossip mags....he was in a bookshop wearing a MV Agusta Brutale Jacket !!! ..the next shot showed him hopping onto a Ducati Monster....{got the jacket, can't afford the bike...LOL}

·
Registered
474 Posts
Velocemoto said:
...as posted elsewhere here, Olivier Jacque rode my MV
...and Troy Bayliss has had a sit on

...and I saw a picture of Brad Pitt in one of my wife's gossip mags....he was in a bookshop wearing a MV Agusta Brutale Jacket !!! ..the next shot showed him hopping onto a Ducati Monster....{got the jacket, can't afford the bike...LOL}
Brad Pitt supposed to have the brutale to go with the Jacket. The Monster (S4 I think) was a present from Angelina Jolie.

05/08/05 -29-year-old Angela Jolie bought a 750cc MV Augusta Brutale and has taken up off-road motorcycling so she can deliver food parcels to the world's needy.[

Resident Weirdo Tom Cruise had an SPR. Saw pics from a trackday. I recall he wanted an ORO but couldn't get one for love or money.

The late, great Barry Sheene had an ORO in his collection. Probably helped being mates with Paul Feeney.

Reigning SBK World Champion Troy Corser has a Senna in his shed at the bottom of Macquarie Pass (Illawarra NSW).

Juan-Pablo Montoya has a Senna.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
The late, great Barry Sheene had an ORO in his collection. Probably helped being mates with Paul Feeney.
Oh...forgot. Paul Feeney rode my MV too. :toothless He test rode it after getting his workshop to re-tune it, and reckons it was the strongest Evo 1 he's sampled...LOL

Eddie Irvine also has an original Oro.
Here's a repost of the pic with Olivier Jacque riding my MV...

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
The name may not be familiar to most members, but Tony Hewitt MBE has rode my F4. Tony has been a personal friend for years, he was Steve Webster's passenger for the first three of Steve's many Sidecar World championship wins. Tony now lives about 40 miles from me and runs a hotel with his wife near Scarborough here in Yorkshire. As mentioned on another thread all my F4 pictures are currently on a computer which I have to get fixed, but when I get my F4 1000 delivered I intend to go and visit Tony so I'll get some photos posted then. :)

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Michael Jordan likes MVs and has a Tamburini
Nice to be rich and famous, he could probably own a GP team!

I was told that Brad Pitt has a fleet of bikes, which includes a Brutale, Monster, BMW something, R6, etc... I have met his personal trainer and his garage guy at the L.A. Yamaha, where they helped him buy and set up a 2005 black R6 for the track, it has Ohlin rear and internals up front, it also has a power commander and Akrapovic full system, V-stack but for some reason it only produced 102hp(less than stock bikes?!).

I have no idea if he is a good rider or not.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
I assume you know he owns an AMA team...right?
Yes of course, but it is a whole lot more expensive to own a GP team than an AMA team(comparable teams) and I was just trying to make a point about him being a very famous & wealthy sports bike enthusiast :) .

BTW, I remember reading rumers last year (when he went to the Valencia GP and rode the Desmosedici) about him interested in doing the GP thing one day...

When you are an average person wanting to get into sports bikes, you buy a bike or two, go to the track, chat on the forum, attend schools and do club races. When you are Jordan rich, you buy the best bikes along with a racing team, get coaching from the top pros in the world, get invited to ride the GP bikes and party with the elite racers and industry insiders.

Good for him, if I had that kind of money I would do the same...

·
Registered
230 Posts
sgcullen said:
Anyone have any stories about famous people riding MV Agusta's?

I'll start off with one that happened to me just the other day. I was at my local Italian bike dealer, Renaissance Motorcycles (Tucson, AZ), to pick up my Ducati 749R and to check in on the progress on the MV Corse project(still waiting on the Titanium midpipe...everything else is in). I was speaking with the owner when the phone rings and the sales manager calls over and says Peter Fonda is on line one and wants to speak with you. Well, as you can imagine, I thought it was cool that one half of the Easy Rider team was calling so I asked the owner if it was THE Peter Fonda. It turns out it was and he actually owns an MV F4 1000. I told the owner to make sure Peter knows that there's another MV owner in town and that I'd love to go riding with him sometime (perhaps my unique MV Corse with all the other cool bits will entice him?).

He said he would definitely pass the word along to him. We'll see what happens...I think it'd be cool to ride with Peter. I'll let you guys know if it works out.

Anyone else got any stories?

Steve

P.S. Peter, if you happen to read this thread...it'd be an honor to ride with you so look me up!
Steve, that is a great story, and I hope he takes you up on that ride. :f4:

There was a thread here on an article and video by the latimes on Peter Fonda and his MV F41000. You should check it out http://www.latimes.com/classified/automotive/highway1/la-wk-cover15feb15,0,3196645.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Are you involved with the NFS Racing project/team? This is an article from Roadracing World that mentions your name..........is it you? :naughty:

NFS Racing Moving Forward With Kurtis Roberts, Chandler, Hondas And TV Pilot
Feb 14, 2007

From a press release issued by NFS Racing:

PRIVATEER: RACE TO DAYTONA
TV Pilot to be Filmed

Gastonia, NC – The world of a privateer American Motorcycle Association (AMA) Superbike team is the backdrop against which production of the television pilot/documentary PRIVATEER: RACE TO DAYTONA is set to begin filming on February 12 in North Carolina.

If ever there was the privateer “dream team” in AMA Superbike, this is it. NFS (No Factory Support) Racing, headquartered in Gastonia, NC, has coaxed racing legend and three-time AMA Superbike champion Doug Chandler out of retirement to team with AMA Formula Extreme champion Kurtis Roberts in pursuing the podium during the 2007 season. NFS Racing – owned by Alan Rutherford and renowned wrench (mechanic) Gary Medley – is pairing up with Acronym Entertainment, LLC of Fairport, New York to commence production of PRIVATEER: RACE TO DAYTONA with the intent of following the team through its debut race at the Daytona 200 in March.

“I have been chasing this dream for a long time,” says Alan Rutherford, “so seeing it become a reality brings me a tremendous feeling of success. I know we’re going to be winners.”

AMA Superbike is the nation’s premiere two-wheeled race series, with the bikes reaching upwards of 200 MPH in unimaginable turns and leans. Doug Chandler is one of only four riders ever to have won the coveted “Grand Slam” of racing. Kurtis Roberts, son of the legendary “King” Kenny Roberts, is also a frequent podium finisher.

“Racing for as many years as I have – I can’t get it out of my system! – I’ll continue to do it for as long as I possibly can,” says Chandler. “I always look forward to a challenge that peaks my interest. Kurtis and I definitely both feel capable as riders, so racing for NFS should be a real kick.” Chandler and Roberts will be riding modified Honda CBR 1000s for NFS.

“I’m thrilled to be working with Doug, Kurtis, and everyone at NFS, as well as my production partners Mark Lee and Steve Cullen,” says Acronym Entertainment Producer James VanDemark. “This project will thrill current race fans and bring new viewers to this exciting sport by following the heartbreak, humor, guts, glory and speed of this once-in-a-lifetime team.”

·
Registered
236 Posts
I had recently read the Fonda article pretty cool that he was on an MV, he was out in almost full gear, great b/c that blows away all of the stereotypes. I just think he is a guy that is a true enthusiast and appreciates all types of bikes, certainly an interestng guy to ride with if you get the chance.

If you get a chance to read the article where MJ got hooked up with sportbikes it is pretty interesting, he was still with the Bulls and under contract to not engage in certain motorsports.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey, quit drooling steve,Come on dude he's just a washed up old move star nothing to get excited about ,hell he probaly keeps his MV for art work

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
I know Eddie Irvine has one...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I know Britney Spears and her brother came to Pro Italia (The Los Angeles Ducati and MV Dealer) to ask about MV bikes. They bought some jackets and trinkets. Can you imagine Fed-Ex riding an MV? I will die of a shock

1 - 20 of 22 Posts