MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you don't own a Veltro Pista, is it bad manners to paint your track rat 750 to look like a Veltro Pista?

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
do it

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Considering we can't get one in the USA and i haven't seen one in person, its the next best thing we can do and more of a tribute / respect for the design than finding a cheaper way out

Go for it!

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually only one "go for it" would have been enough for me, 4 of them is a directive.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I'd say as long as it is never presented as an "authentic" Veltro I see no harm. Go for it!!!!
Yes! and esp if you put it on ebay or something like that trying to sell it as authentic - no harm at all.

·
Administrator
20,411 Posts
Just make sure your painter keeps the patterns, in case I get a 750 for track days and need to duplicate it.....

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Do it! The Veltro paint scheme is awesome.

Have you seen the cheap fairings on flee bay done in the veltro colours?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have the panels already, it is the painting that will probably be the issue. My painter has agreed to paint two bikes. I don't think there will be time for three and I'm pretty sure I don't have the skills for the Veltro paint job my self. It looks like three colors to me.

I wonder if anyone knows the paint codes for it.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I think a Veltro livery on the MV track bike is a great idea. I also think your painter can be persuaded with beer to paint a third bike.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
If it's done well, I think it's a great idea. As someone who has a matt black (a la SPR) F4, it would be wrong of me to criticise anyone's attempts to make their own look-a-like. Go for it mate!

·
Registered
986 Posts
What was the Veltro meant to commerate or celebrate ??

Like it apart from the greyhound or whippet graphic, faggoty dogs

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Doitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoit

1 - 20 of 46 Posts