·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Good post. I hope no one gets shafted.

I could have been caught out because my knowledge is very poor of model variations etc. I guess anyone new to the marque could easily be fooled:frown2:.

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Now that's what I call a faux-ro

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
He's here indefinitely folks, please tip your moderators.

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
And the dinosaur on the way out!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Interesting... I also have limited model knowledge of all the MVs. What alerted you to it being fake, what stands out as being wrong.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
And the dinosaur on the way out!
His name is Randy...:stickpoke:

Interesting... I also have limited model knowledge of all the MVs. What alerted you to it being fake, what stands out as being wrong.
The number plate is fake, seats are wrong, exhaust is wrong, and pretty sure that is gold paint and not magnesium.

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Those parts look gloss painted, not rough/matte gold magnesium like on the Oro. The Oro swingarm has two data acquision ports on the side. The lips on the Oro mag wheels are smooth. These are lipped. Triple clamp insert is 18k yellow gold on the Oro. The carbon fiber tank on the Oro is rough under the paint, not smooth. Airtubes and license plate holder should be carbon fiber.

Reactions: nigelrb

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I will take a stab:
1. The number plate looks to have Serie spelt incorrectly. If I remember correctly the originals didn't even have Serie Oro on the number plate. They just have the number / 300 Regardless, it is the incorrect colour. The plate is normally gold.

Then there are the following problems which alone are not evidence of a fake, but the sum of suggest this bike has been blinged up post accident, incident or rebuild by someone who wanted the "Oro" look and got alittle carried away, but had little attention to detail.
2. The Gold is not matt for the magnesium parts. It doesn't look factory, but more like a gloss paint. In addition the spacer on the front axle is gold. I don't think the original spacer was magnesium and came out the same colour as the lower forks.
3. Wrong dzus fasteners.
4. Polished triple clamp.
5. Clutch cover looks very grubby for an Oro. I have never seen a grubby Oro.
6. Wrong seat and bump stop.
7. Wrong exhaust. Original were anodised black.
8. Is that front mud guard even correct?
9. Pretty sure the Oros came out with the single scoop behind the front wheel. Did they get warrantied with the 2 rad mod?
10. Rear number plate holder is not carbon
11. Air intakes are not carbon
12. Rear sets are not correct
13. Changed the rear sprocket too. Which would suggest to me it has more kays than claimed on it...

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
The knowledge of the 'seasoned' members on here is fantastic.

Reactions: nigelrb

·
Registered
162 Posts
the rear oro wheels are different from the standard wheel. On the inside of the spoke, standard is open, then solid. Oro is open/solid/open. You can see from the ad even though it's painted gold, it's the standard wheel.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts