MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi everyone! Just bought an MY11 Brutale 1090RR yesterday. After researching the specs on the RR, I noticed that my bike is missing some things it should have:

-Theres no steering damper
-The valve cover is black, not red
-Does have brembo brakes, but not monoblocs

What's odd is it DOES have:

-Marchisini wheels
-Compression adjustable Sachs

How can I determine if it's an actual RR and not a base or R with some RR bits? I might add that after googling hundreds of photo's, I can't seem to find my particular color combo either. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Yes, picture would be helpful....and also looking at the paperwork for the bike.
All RR's come out with mono-blocks, anybody can swap wheels.
Where are you on this planet mate ?
Models are here, but not always that accurate, close enough though. http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/bikes/mv agusta.htm

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Won't let me upload images for some reason? The bike is financed so I dont have the title. Also Im located in the USA

·
Registered
947 Posts
You can't post pictures until you have enough posts. Either upload them to a share sight or as Donsy said you can email them to him.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Got it

Sorry it took a while, had to go do my physio before the Boss get's home for lunch :thewife:

It's hard to tell at this stage, something happened to this bike, not saying it was crashed and repaired, just that parts where swapped out.

The front brake calipers are the old P4 Goldlines as used on the 1st Generation bikes, they've never been used on any post 2010 Brutales.

Definitely a few questions to ask your dealer about, you might want some money back, those wheels are not the 'great' wheels you're thinking about either, rather a standard set of 2010+ wheels with gold paint.

PS. As a matter of fact, the front forks could come form a older generation F4 or Brutale too.

Although the 2014+ 1090's had the slash cut pipes you have.

The paint job makes your bike a later model as far as the body goes at least, and the twin seat says it's at least an "R", but you'd think "RR".

But yet the black cam cover tells me it's a 1090 motor.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the help! Not really much I can do now, they'll pull the "sold as is" horseshit and wash their hands of that. Good news is, I ran the vin on cyclevin and it's never had any insurance claims, has had 2 owners prior to me however. Who knows what the real story is on this bike. Is there any way I can tell for sure that it at one point was a legit RR? Any serial numbers on the crankcase?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Yes, your engine and chassis numbers.
Can you get her to a different dealer to plug in diagnostics and read the ECU maybe ?
I'm not from the USA, but I'm pretty sure your laws has protection for cases like these, you could also name the dealer to warn future potential buyers about their practices.
Hope all goes well whichever way you lean mate.

PS. It might be a 1090RR which somebody had resprayed and put on Star wheel out of favour to them, and added the calipers for the matching gold color ! ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I checked the engine serial code, and googled it. The only thing my search returned for "b53" is a brutale 920. The rest of the serial number didnt return a search. So I googled an image of a brutale 920. Only made in 2011-12, same brembo brakes I have, same forks I have, same wheels I have.... This isn't looking good

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
So I checked the engine serial code, and googled it. The only thing my search returned for "b53" is a brutale 920. The rest of the serial number didnt return a search. So I googled an image of a brutale 920. Only made in 2011-12, same brembo brakes I have, same forks I have, same wheels I have.... This isn't looking good
Not the same brakes or seat, but similar wheels. Look closely at the brakes, seat and exhaust.

Look at this link - http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/bikes/mv agusta.htm

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Using that same link you sent me, my exhaust doesnt match either the 920 or 1090. Also note that the valvecover is black on the 920 and red on the 1090 in that link as well. At this point I'm going to stop at an actual MV agusta dealer and see if I can find someone that could clear this up.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Does it have welded by hand on the frame ,In Italian something like Saldato a Mano.pretty sure 2011 model 1090 rr had this on the frame .Really strange

1 - 20 of 21 Posts