MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just curious where you all recommend getting fairings from for a 2005 F4. I’d love to buy OEM if possible, but I’m pretty sure that would put me in eBay territory. Has anybody had good luck with after market suppliers? I also need the left side engine cover (says F4 on it) and a rear view mirror. Thanks!

·
Administrator
21,048 Posts
If you don't mind body parts that need a little Body Technician magic you can find OEM parts at reasonable prices.....but unless you want to pay large $$$ they will need repairs and paint.

The Chinese stuff is cheap but fit and finish leaves a bit to be desired.

Check availability from the factory by visiting StarTwins Trading https://startwintrading.com/

or BikeParts https://www.bike-parts-mv.com/mvagusta-motorcycle

If they are listed available then your local dealer can order from the factory too !!!

I have a few beat up body side panels if you go that route.

Decals can be found or made. There is a guy in Russia that sell kits for MVs. They're priced right and seem to be good quality.

Reactions: SAROY

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you don't mind body parts that need a little Body Technician magic you can find OEM parts at reasonable prices.....but unless you want to pay large $$$ they will need repairs and paint.

The Chinese stuff is cheap but fit and finish leaves a bit to be desired.

Check availability from the factory by visiting StarTwins Trading https://startwintrading.com/

or BikeParts https://www.bike-parts-mv.com/mvagusta-motorcycle

If they are listed available then your local dealer can order from the factory too !!!

I have a few beat up body side panels if you go that route.

Decals can be found or made. There is a guy in Russia that sell kits for MVs. They're priced right and seem to be good quality.

I have a 2005 also and ordered a set from the guy in russia. they're not oem quality but they're decent.
A lot of the decals for the 05/06 bikes are discontinued from MV, I tried ordering them thru my dealer and they were only able to get about half of them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Where are you located? If the UK I'm breaking a 1078 and have a full set of fairings, some panels are scratched and marked but would make a set to use on track or paint etc

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check out this seller on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/str/eurotakeoffs

He has a lot of new MV fairings and has more stock than is listed on eBay if you don't see what you are looking for.

I've purchased a few fairings from him and all are like new condition.

·
Premium Member
2,953 Posts
I probably have a phonic cover laying around somewhere.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
I have had good luck with ebay but like someone else said be prepared to have them painted for the the lesser expensive parts

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
?

I have an '05 silver belly pan, scratched on the bottom, no cracks
How about $100 + shipping?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for your responses! To be more clear (sorry for not typing this earlier), my fairings are OEM carbon fiber panels. P/N on the panel is attached. I’m a bit confused because my bike is a F4 1000S - not a Tambo or any special model. Decals were identical to a normal 1000S but carbon fiber panels. Also, silver panels right behind the side fairings are black on mine. Anybody heard of this before?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,079 Posts
Many people have changed fairings on their bikes. Some like the non-standard combination. This appears to be a mod, much like the "Ferrari Prancing Horse"...which I understand, but don't appreciate.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Many people have changed fairings on their bikes. Some like the non-standard combination. This appears to be a mod, much like the "Ferrari Prancing Horse"...which I understand, but don't appreciate.
Hah, yeah, I know! This bike was Peter Fonda’s and he put it on the bike. I will not be replacing that sticker ?.

·
Administrator
21,048 Posts
The stickers show you have the MV Corse accessory parts installed. Very pricey and desirable. NOT the original equipment on your bike.

So you are looking for MV Corse carbon fiber fairing panels..... good luck.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She looks very clean.
She was spotless until my 22yo son took it out without asking and crashed it. NEVER would’ve consented to that (he’s only ever ridden a Suzuki 500 and only for a month!). He has no idea how much pain and heartburn he’s caused.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry to hear that Scott, kids can do the dumbest things sometimes. I cant help you with anything fairing but hope you get it sorted. Might run a chain and padlock around my 3 bikes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
She was spotless until my 22yo son took it out without asking and crashed it. NEVER would’ve consented to that (he’s only ever ridden a Suzuki 500 and only for a month!). He has no idea how much pain and heartburn he’s caused.

So sorry Scott. Hoping for the best recovery. Try not to hold it against him. 22 is a young age prone to poor judgment. If you are on Facebook join the MV Agusta Owners Official Parts Page. I think you can post a "Want to Buy" listing.

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
?

I sympathize with you, my parents let my idiot brother drive my '62 Abarth race car and blew a brand new motor up,
while I was in the Army
Never even said he was sorry....
The motors are currently ~$80k

1 - 20 of 42 Posts