MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where to get a fairing spacer kit for a 2007 F4 1000 R? I was at the dealership today and one of the service guys mentioned putting 1cm to 2cm spacers to help the hot air get out. I gather, I would need longer pins when adding spacers, so I was hoping there was a kit out there. He says the hot air gets trapped in there. He mentioned a couple of things that can be done to cool down the engine.

When I first got the bike, one of the guys that worked for the MV Agusta race team said they just cut a big chunk of the fairing out. I didn't want to do it back then and don't want to do that now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
No such thing as a fairing spacer kit for an F4 as far as I know. True about cutting the fairing for larger holes but it's not about the heat. The race headers are bigger and don't fit in behind the standard fairing. They also run a wider bellypan to give the needed clearance

·
Registered
882 Posts
Good luck finding a Dzus fasteners that are 27-37mm long!

Seriously, that does not seem like a well thought out statement from your mechanic.

Check the forum in detail and you will find the solution to your problem. The 1000 guys can reprogam their ECUs, you can also ceramic coat headers, change coolant, fans and manual switch etc.

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Everything that Glenn says. A Microtec ecu installed by X Bikes is the kiddie!
From the aspect of getting the hot air out more efficiently, I removed the metal gauzes at the exits and on the tail too.

They Deffo slow the airflow down..I did a scientific test by blowing through one I had spare and it definitely stopped the tickle on the back of my hand other side..Easy to re install if needs.
Guess what MV did on MY10 models
Same.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
21,779 Posts
Ice, there is a shop in Gardner, MA that re-maps the 5SM ECU that your bike has. Remapping will change the fueling and ignition tables and that reduces generated heat. Additionally, the fan on/off points can be modified to help.

His website: http://www.robsdyno.com/

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everything that Glenn says. A Microtec ecu installed by X Bikes is the kiddie!
From the aspect of getting the hot air out more efficiently, I removed the metal gauzes at the exits and on the tail too.

They Deffo slow the airflow down..I did a scientific test by blowing through one I had spare and it definitely stopped the tickle on the back of my hand other side..Easy to re install if needs.
Guess what MV did on MY10 models
Same.

Joe
Thanks Joe. I was looking at them to wondering if just removing them would help. I have a Power Commander installed on the bike. I'll see if I can modify the on/off points for the fan silentservice703 and what else I can modify in there.

·
Super Moderator
21,779 Posts
You can't modify anything in the ECU unless you have the software and the knowledge.
I don't have either, so I rely on Rob to tune my ECUs.
Others have, too.

·
Registered
14,316 Posts
?

Does anybody know where to get a fairing spacer kit for a 2007 F4 1000 R? I was at the dealership today and one of the service guys mentioned putting 1cm to 2cm spacers to help the hot air get out. I gather, I would need longer pins when adding spacers, so I was hoping there was a kit out there. He says the hot air gets trapped in there. He mentioned a couple of things that can be done to cool down the engine.
simple remove the stock Dzus bases and bend sheet metal brackets to move the bases out

whatever distance you want and pop rivet them back on

:popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
21,779 Posts
Merc is the Wizrad when it comes to the 1.6SM on the early models. The 5SM is a different animal.

·
Registered
619 Posts
My take guys,
Checked my temp indication against laser temp reader, indication is 8-10F high.
With Upgraded MV water pump & using engine ice = 100F OAT - 195F-210F mixed riding, 135F stop and go, no overheat or "boil over".
Installed a Microtech ECU, (have not up dated the mapping yet, just as received from forum member, need to contact Chris!), fans come on @ 180F, never had over 215F indicated on hot day in traffic.
Installed 10mm spacers in the fairing mounts, seems to help the temp a little, maybe 5-8 degrees F.

Have been considering the Design Corsa pump, especially if I a pull the trigger on a full Bodis system, and/or go with a 1080 engine kit. :) :) :)

Ed S :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hey Silent,
Can Rob make the fans come on earlier and add/subtract more fuel at any rpm??
(Sorry bro, I have asked a couple of times and not really got a direct answer)

TreeMV

·
Super Moderator
21,779 Posts
Direct answer: Yes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My take guys,
Checked my temp indication against laser temp reader, indication is 8-10F high.
With Upgraded MV water pump & using engine ice = 100F OAT - 195F-210F mixed riding, 135F stop and go, no overheat or "boil over".
Installed a Microtech ECU, (have not up dated the mapping yet, just as received from forum member, need to contact Chris!), fans come on @ 180F, never had over 215F indicated on hot day in traffic.
Installed 10mm spacers in the fairing mounts, seems to help the temp a little, maybe 5-8 degrees F.

Have been considering the Design Corsa pump, especially if I a pull the trigger on a full Bodis system, and/or go with a 1080 engine kit. :) :) :)

Where did you get your spacers at and did you have to get longer pins? Putting in Water Wetter is another thing I'm going to do.

·
Registered
619 Posts
My spacers are 3/8-10mm steel bushings. I got them at work, used aircraft parts after replacement. A good hardware store should have a selection or longer stock to cut down.
The remove your Dzus receptacles and using a slightly longer bolt than stock, reinstall.
Only need to do four, two each side, the one shown and the next one forward.
You can also do the manual fan switch mod, search the forum.
PM me with your address, I have some extra.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts