MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm wanting to compile a list of all the different types of plastics used for the various panels on the F4.

If you can contibute :nerd: Easiest way to tell is from the stamp in the mold, for recycling reasons I believe. Even if you can just list what is stamped without needing to interpret it. These help in knowing the right plastic for welding them up.

So far I have:

Upper Fairing (#90949) - PC+PBT

Tank Panels:
Right (#90297) - PC+PBT
Left (#90298) - PC+PBT

PC+PBT is known under the tradename XENOY. Plastic welding supplies can sell you this and it welds quite easily, with the right amount of heat.

With any luck they'll all be the same plastic :toothless

Cheers,
Al

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I have a spare belly pan section Al, but it appears to have no markings on whatsoever. I presume it's the same PC + PBT stuff as the side sections. :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I also have a spare front mudguard (as fitted to the F4 750) in black, this does have a PC + PBT mark on the underside.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
john said:
I have a spare belly pan section Al, but it appears to have no markings on whatsoever. I presume it's the same PC + PBT stuff as the side sections. :)
I was presuming that too. I'll confirm when a do a discrete test weld.
I wondered if those fairing panels (Belly, Left Side, Right Side) had the markings hidden under the Reflective insulation. They should also have a date of manufacture marked on then. I notice the F4 1000 also has a day/month/year stamp (ink) from assembly as well as the molding date.

keep 'em coming.

Cheers,
Al

1 - 8 of 8 Posts