MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thoughts??

I decided to cut out the fairings a bit just like the CC version has.....
So I had an extra set of plastics from a EVO 3 red/silver and thought I'd give it a try to see what would happen. The front nose, fairings and tail unit have paint chipping off of them (looks like lack of grip from paint to plastic). So I use the old trusty hack saw blade w/ tape wrapped around one end :jsm: :violin: Yeah.... you know how us red-neck's do it!!! :friday: :smoking: For some reason the holes don't look too bad after a few shots of tequilla (Don Julio *real*) they definately look like they'd vent more heat out, and atleast it wasn't my stock fairings.

so.... what do you think?? colors?? holes?? cuts?? any input will be taken seriously, except Lewis :bandit: :eek:

*** some files/pics were too large, not sure how to make them fit***

Attachments

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haven't had the chance.... my speedo is in route to England for a re-face(hopefully on its way back).

It looks like it'll vent way more than the stock fairings.... but am on wait..... another thing is : I haven't heard back from my friend that is doing the speedo.... hope he's ok (and my speedo too)

if it doesn't help with heat, it might speed up tech check at the track (nice view of oil filter)

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Great idea and nice work. I would clean up the rear section of the cutout and get rid of that sharp edge that protrudes into the opening. It'd give it a cleaner line and the air is still going to come out of there. No question but what it'll help.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spent about 25 minutes on it...... yeah it's rough a bit..... I'll work on the edges when it's time to paint..... I was thinking of painting the fairings black and leaving the top silver.... I have an extra nose and 1+1 tail unit still (red w/ paint chips) not sure what I'll do with those yet.... and the bottom fairing is all busted up... I may get a plastic welder and see what happens :shitfan:

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Personally I really like the blue. Goes with the rest of the bike. Black is gonna' look kinda' dead but then it's not my bike.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Hmmmm...... it looks way better that the others i've seen :smoking:
I don't know if it's because of the different bottom fairing color or not but it's very nice.
Great work :yo: :yo:

How have you done it?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
what!!!!! no ti engine bolts????? Your slacking on me Josh. I also noticed a speck of dust on you exhuast collector spring, you better clean that while your at it.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Lewis....haven't got all the Ti engine bolts yet, bro. I do have the case cover set (36pcs)...but I am out of Ti bolt money. and by the way, I put that spec of dust on there so you'd say something :stickpoke and that's a Ti collector spring incase you were wondering :flickoff: When's the next Mv agusta meet??

Tiago.... I cut the fairings out by using a hack saw blade 1/2 wrapped with electrical tape so it wouldn't cut my hands :bash: :wtf:

·
King of Bling
9,809 Posts
Sweet !! and brave with it

Hey.. Considering the method you took to produce these openings in the fairing, I recon you done a reasonably good job (well as far as can be gathered from the picture).. :bash:

Maybe, using single dark colours would suit the bike best, now that you’ve altered the original smooth fairing design.. Black with a few well chosen late style MV decals might look cool.. :yo:

Now that more of the engine bay is exposed, have you considered some coloured silicon race coolant hoses….

Don’t talk to me about Titanium, I’ve replaced all the external engine, frame, and fairing bolts & fixings with TI kits.. Even the sub-frame on my bike is TI.. You’d thought that the stuff would have come down in price since the Russians flooded the market a some years back.. :cry:

Keep us all up to date with the transformation process, and let us know how the fairing mod has had an affect on the bikes cooling aspects..

·
Registered
689 Posts
That's almost exactly the same cutout I did on some race glass I had. I posted pictures in other threads. Because the glass itself was rough (and in my racing colors) I didn't leave it on the bike for more than a few days, but it was during some really hot weather and it did seem to run cooler. I'd have to look back at what I wrote to see if I gave any sort of quantitative figures. The CC has a little scoop built into the larger openings, but the size of the openings is about the same.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Djester said:
Tiago.... I cut the fairings out by using a hack saw blade 1/2 wrapped with electrical tape so it wouldn't cut my hands :bash: :wtf:
Thanks for the info Josh, but my english sucks and i don't really know what a hack saw blade 1/2 wrapped with electrical tape is :eek: :toothless

·
Registered
448 Posts
I did the same to my Oro carbon fairings. I shaped the bottom edge of the cutout with some fiberglass, just to give it some strength. The fairings are being painted now. I'll post some photos when they are done.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts