MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got some MV decals I'm putting on the fairing RH and LH panels to break up the large mass of silver. Seen quite a few MV's done in a similar way. Do I need to put laquer over the top to protect them once in situ? :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
IMHO, I wouldn't. Sure, a cover of clear would protect them better, but you chance having your panel messed up and it looking different than the others. Besides, there are a lot of bikes out there that come with stickers on top of the clear stock. If you're really concerned, buy two sets of stickers and replace them at some point. A hair dryer is usually sufficient to help get a sticker off.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gladio said:
IMHO, I wouldn't. Sure, a cover of clear would protect them better, but you chance having your panel messed up and it looking different than the others. Besides, there are a lot of bikes out there that come with stickers on top of the clear stock. If you're really concerned, buy two sets of stickers and replace them at some point. A hair dryer is usually sufficient to help get a sticker off.[/QUOTE

Thanks Jack, I've actually put them on spare fairing panels I bought anyway. Just got a RH panel (with a few scratches but no cracks) for £40 from everybodys favourite ebay. :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
agusta01 said:
Are we to get some pics John?
The pic on the initial post has the new MV decal in the centre of the panel Graham. I've also got some MV Corse decals like the one Ryan (rramseyr) has for his avatar. But I don't want to go overboard with them and make it look too cluttered. I don't know how to post the pics full size. When I add them to a post it says there is a 39 Kb limit and I have to reduce them to fit. Can someone explain how to get round this please. Alvin can you advise or anyone with more computer manipulative knowledge than me? :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
You'd have to host the pics online somewhere (photobucket or ?). Put them into you album and they will be bigger 250K? or something.

Jap bikes only clear over tank decals. If they comes off, no great lo$$. As opposed to the trouble if you do clear over them, and want them gone :shocker:

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
john said:
The pic on the initial post has the new MV decal in the centre of the panel Graham. I've also got some MV Corse decals like the one Ryan (rramseyr) has for his avatar. But I don't want to go overboard with them and make it look too cluttered. I don't know how to post the pics full size. When I add them to a post it says there is a 39 Kb limit and I have to reduce them to fit. Can someone explain how to get round this please. Alvin can you advise or anyone with more computer manipulative knowledge than me? :)
Just e-mail them to me .. [email protected] and i'll stick them in one of the galleries (icons, etc?)

I'll also manipulate them to become avatars

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
John,
I agree about that huge expanse of silver, and the 'new' corse badge looks really good, I have the small on on my rear carbon guard....come from MV like that and of course its been laquered over, dose look good like that.

But I might try just stick on one for a while and can always change my mind.

Where did you get your decals from?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes and Yes Al. Got them off ebay and the quality is IMO pretty good. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Steptoe said:
At a guess, eBay

Quality any good, John?

He's also got the AGO kit, albeit without the airbox decal.
I just bought a set of these and like I told the guy in England, they are unusable. He was very professional and refunded my money so I left him good feed back but they are as far from stock as can be and not in a good direction. I had Scott at SRS Sign Design do up the decal set as he already had most of it that he did for that Tam that got repainted from whatever happened at Ferracci over the sliders. The quality of the SRS product is outstanding. You can not tell them from stock. They are printed on the clear background and unlike the ones from England done in the correct font. Scott also has the CRC and Italian raised gel badges for the sides of the air runners and the Corse badge. Scott also has the best Ducati Corse badges available even from Ducati.
If it is not PERFECT it does not go on my bike.
Scott can be reached at [email protected]
Tell him Chris from Cycle Cat sent you.

Chris

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
now THAT was very informative...especially for such an anal person as myself when it comes to perfection! i'll be contacting him. thanks.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought I'd resurrect this thread rather than start a fresh one. :eek: I've added a few more decals to the fairing. The silver F4 on the red section and the Agusta on the bellypan. I'd like your opinions please. Have I gone too far, :bawling: or does it look OK. :smoking: BTW these are spare fairing panels I've got off ebay so I don't mind experimenting with them. Thanks for your opinions. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
john said:
I thought I'd resurrect this thread rather than start a fresh one. :eek: I've added a few more decals to the fairing. The silver F4 on the red section and the Agusta on the bellypan. I'd like your opinions please. Have I gone too far, :bawling: or does it look OK. :smoking: BTW these are spare fairing panels I've got off ebay so I don't mind experimenting with them. Thanks for your opinions. :)
It looks OK, but IMO less is better and the original stikers are more spot on. :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
my opinion? a little redundant. the minimal use of decals helps to accentuate the lines of the bike. less shapes. no need to have agusta 2 times on one side. and if you keep the gear on the side, i'd loose the stock mvagusta decal...you could keep the f4 decal then. just my 2pesos.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think two of the same decal in your vision at the same time is not so good. I am also not a fan of the two badges on the front fairing. I have wondered what the large gear logo would look like if you put it in th eupper corner instead of the stock decal on the sides.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kamranmarashi said:
...I like it. Just have fun with it any way that pleases you. :smoking:

Send the Cleaning Lady home then please!! :naughty: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts