MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!! Last week I was cruising at a constant speed of 270 kilometers an hour when I hear a big PUM!! and felt like I went over a small bump on the road so immediately stops on the side of the road and to my surprise... BOTH SIDE FAIRINGS AND THE BELLY PAN WERE MISSING OFF MY BIKE!! turned around and picked them up in pieces. I´m not sure if I hit something on the road, or picked something up with my front tire or the fast clips just came off. I have been riding motorcycles since I was 17 years old and this never happened to me. I´m now debating if I should get a new set of fairings or I should just repair the old ones. Will post pics soon.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I've got a black/white set for sale that are ready for paint. :)

Also, very strange happenings, indeed. The Dzus fastener fairies are awake.

·
Banned
676 Posts
Hi everyone!! Last week I was cruising at a constant speed of 270 kilometers an hour when I hear a big PUM!! and felt like I went over a small bump on the road so immediately stops on the side of the road and to my surprise... BOTH SIDE FAIRINGS AND THE BELLY PAN WERE MISSING OFF MY BIKE!!
Damn. Pity that no one was recording that on camera. Would have gone viral on YouTube!

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
That's very strange. Any chance somebody loosened your dzus fasteners, or failed to secure them properly when re-installing them?

·
Registered
654 Posts
WIERD!!
A real pain to have your fairing smashed, but you're lucky it didn't have you off. Not nice at that sort of speed. :jsm:
A friendly tip......If you had been riding a Brutale, you wouldn't have a fairing to blow off at that speed, your head might have though!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VERY STRANGE INDEED!! I don´t think somebody would have loosened my fasteners I´m pretty sure I picked up something withe my front tire that smashed my belly pan and the wind did the rest. There was pieces of truck rubber all over the road at that area :( it is a reall pitty because the bike was flawless and they were the stock fairings with the stickers at the back and all

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
This is the first F4 that tries on itself to be a Brutale. I wonder if Randy is working on some kind of secret program...

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
I just keep thinking that you are one lucky rider.

·
Registered
90 Posts
At that speed those fairing would have been like razor blades in the air. They could have seriously injured you or anything around you. You are very lucky.

I am just amazed that you only felt a slight bump... Crazy!

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
With the OEM price of standard plastic replacement panels, I'd be buying carbon fiber pieces instead.

You being alive and unscathed is at least a minor miracle. I can't even imagine how such a thing happened and included all three pieces.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Once "bitten" twice shy. ; )

Bad luck . Really sounds like someone put the fairings on not understanding how to engage the Dzus fasteners properly ..
Glad u werent hurt.
Joe

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I consider myself really lucky!! the Dzus fasteners were properly engaged, and on one side they are still attached to the nose piece (wich also got damaged) and the belly pan is cut in half with part of the side panels still attached!! I asume my front wheel picked something up, cut the belly in half and the wind did the rest... I will post pics soon...

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Hmm now it sounds like it became undone on one side, dropped , the belly pan hit the road and ripped off the other side...Your guardian angel was looking out for you.

Joe

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
This is the first F4 that tries on itself to be a Brutale. I wonder if Randy is working on some kind of secret program...
Yep.....but, it's super secret. :)

(Glad you're ok)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thank you guys!! I just spoke to my friend Enzo who has the fairing pieces and he says he can fix them up and paint them back but it will take him some time, maybe a couple of months but it´s going to be much cheaper than getting new ones! and in the midtime I´m going to take care of the little oil and water leaks.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts