MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in love with Brutales. I found a 2004 with 2,000 miles on it. I could pick it up for $9,000us. That seems like a fair price to me. What do you guys think?

It's matte black, does that make it more less rare, desirable...? I like the red better but I could wait forever for a red one to show up on the used market.

I appreciate any thoughts or advice.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Beaudry Motorspots shows a brand new '04 for $10,299 on their website. Probably some setup $$$ and shipping but that bike would have the full 2-year warranty which is worth something. If that one's gone, call Cagiva USA. They can search the dealer database and find out what's left and where. Dealers will make screaming deals on 750's now that the 910's are here :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
parvo said:
I am in love with Brutales. I found a 2004 with 2,000 miles on it. I could pick it up for $9,000us. That seems like a fair price to me. What do you guys think?

It's matte black, does that make it more less rare, desirable...? I like the red better but I could wait forever for a red one to show up on the used market.

I appreciate any thoughts or advice.
I think $9,000 USD for a lightly used Brutale is a fair deal. I dont think you would regret that purchase.

·
Registered
922 Posts
If spic n span, go for it. Price is good. Enjoy.

Sadly, over here (Singapore) dealer clearing 04 models for US$18,000. A new 910 on the road is something like US$23K.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips. I missed out on the used Brutale which sold. I called Beaudry Motorsports. It seems that they haven't updated their website in months. All they have is a new 05 Brutale S for $12,900 which I think is outrageous.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Why outrageous? New they were 14K so $1,000 off for last years model sounds OK and I'm sure with some negotiating you could get that down quite a bit more if you show up in person. We are extremely lucky here in the US. Compare with $18K in Singapore and around 13K EUROS in Italy!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
^^I agree, the profit margin is very slim on MVs and $13000 is a very fair price for an 05, at least until the 07s arrive, and then maybe you could get one for 12k.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Moto Corsa in Portland has/had four at $10,000 + setup. They put one up on Ebay last month...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I bought my Guzzi it was an 04 that was originally $11,500. I paid $8,000 last October, it had zero miles and two years warranty with roadside assistance. With shipping it was still only $8,500. Why would I pay $13,000 plus $500 to ship something that is two years old and was only $14,000 new? Expecially when they are selling new 910's for $14,500. I don't think that is a good deal at all, but I appreciate all your opinions, I'll check with Moto Corsa.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
parvo said:
When I bought my Guzzi it was an 04 that was originally $11,500. I paid $8,000 last October, it had zero miles and two years warranty with roadside assistance. With shipping it was still only $8,500. Why would I pay $13,000 plus $500 to ship something that is two years old and was only $14,000 new? Expecially when they are selling new 910's for $14,500. I don't think that is a good deal at all, but I appreciate all your opinions, I'll check with Moto Corsa.
I understand where you're coming from, but IMHO Guzzis are a bit defferent. MV may not sell in large volumes, but Guzzis have been selling slow for years. I helped a friend shop for on recently, and found several 04s for many thousands below retail...They just don't sell well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts