MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering what the experienced folks on this site think is the fair going price for a 2002 F4 750?

Blue book says around $12000, so that is where I was thinking of starting negotiation with a dealer. But I wanted to see what those out there think.

·
Registered
170 Posts
That sounds about right. I have an 02 with RG3s and was thinking of asking about 11,750 for the bike, so you're right there.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Where does this "Blue Book" and other SUGGESTED used prices publicationsa get their info from anyway...how many people declare the REAL value of what they paid for a USED bike when they apply for their title since you pay sales tax as a % of what you claim was the sales price...I've always wondered that....

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
There is a nice 4,000mi 2003 with all the plastic bits changed for factory Carbon + Corse hugger at my local dealer. They are asking 13 and change and the bike is perfect as far as I can tell. They also threw on the Senna1000's exhaust.

The price you mentioned is about right for a 2002 IMO.

Let me edit above, all the normal TRIM items are in carbon including the air tubes..but not any fairings.

And if anyone is interested in the above bike let me know and I'll put you in touch.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I bought mine a couple of months ago, a 2002 with only 3000+ miles for $11,500 from a private seller. But then I ended up paying a whole bunch for shipping and taxes.... So $12k would be a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
178 Posts
First post here........

I am in the process of purchasing a babied '02 red-silver mono with 8K on the clock for $10.5K. :toothless

I'm coming off a duc SBK so we'll see how I adjust to the whole I-4 thing. ;)

·
Registered
339 Posts
ten~39 said:
First post here........

I am in the process of purchasing a babied '02 red-silver mono with 8K on the clock for $10.5K. :toothless

I'm coming off a duc SBK so we'll see how I adjust to the whole I-4 thing. ;)
Congrats and welcome. As for me, I don't think I will ever buy another twin. RPMs = :heart:

Oh, and BTW, I gave 12 for mine last year.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of the responses - this is very helpful. Looks like my offer of $12000 will stand :)

JamesC - what dealer has the 2003 dripping with carbon?

TheCatWhisperer - I live in WA state, and we have to pay sales tax on used vehicles. :cry:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
i paid 15k for mine in april 06........but got spare farings and some carbon bits and made back 2k so i guess i only paid around 13k.

not bad for a bike with only 375 miles on it :yo:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts