MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to be touring through France and Italy with a few friends and planning to visit Lake Varese with of course a stop at the MV factory.. sadly however I received a very curt reply to my email to say MV Agusta will not be able to receive us at all as all factory tours have been suspended. Very disappointed by the response.

Has anyone got any contact details of individuals at MV? Might be worth another plea rather than going through the [email protected] address.

We are still going ahead with the trip, and will call in to the factory on the of chance someone will be sympathetic at the gate!

We’ll also visit Moto Guzzi which is an hour up the road and I understand they do daily factory tours.

Tont

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Tried to book a tour for our Dolomites tour last year and got a reply that they were fully booked for the rest of the summer. If you're planning factory tours, for any marque, I reckon it would pay to at least enquire well in advance unless their website says you can just turn up.

Reactions: nigelrb

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if its simply an issue of guarding trade secrets and public relations. Its a competitive market after all. Cameras come in such small formats its easy to snag production shots and audio. --might also be an insurance issue. I wouldn't take it personally now or ever.

Stick to brewers or wineries. :stickpoke

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not worried... still heading to that part of Italy. The MV factory tours are usually held on Thursdays, but couldn't get our itinerary to work with that, so asked if we could visit another day.
Clearly there is an issue where all visits have now been stopped..Will call at the gate on the off chance that the situation has changed in June.
Don't worry, breweries are often frequented!!

·
Super Moderator
2,672 Posts
I might be able to advise as to why ....give me 24hrs

Reactions: Tont

·
Super Moderator
2,672 Posts
The factory is closed at present for their Winter break...the Production line is inactive - hence the Tours being on-hold until the Factory re-opens. Regrettably, I believe it's simply a timing challenge.

Cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
@cruiser,

Hello,

As I am anxiously waiting for the delivery of a TVL, ordered at the beginning of last November, will they start production again anytime soon ?

Regards,

Evert

·
Super Moderator
2,672 Posts
@cruiser,

Hello,

As I am anxiously waiting for the delivery of a TVL, ordered at the beginning of last November, will they start production again anytime soon ?

Regards,

Evert
Hi Evert, I am sorry but I don't know that information ...the new TVL and TV RC with SCS look gorgeous though !

Your Dealer should be able to provide an ETA ?

Reactions: lussoscs

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I’m going to be touring through France and Italy with a few friends and planning to visit Lake Varese with of course a stop at the MV factory.. sadly however I received a very curt reply to my email to say MV Agusta will not be able to receive us at all as all factory tours have been suspended. Very disappointed by the response.

Has anyone got any contact details of individuals at MV? Might be worth another plea rather than going through the [email protected] address.

We are still going ahead with the trip, and will call in to the factory on the of chance someone will be sympathetic at the gate!

We’ll also visit Moto Guzzi which is an hour up the road and I understand they do daily factory tours.

Tont

I am personal friends with timur the ceo Brian gillen technical director and Alessia Robani.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Yep, a bit of name dropping will get you everywhere!!:wink2:

When's your new bike going to be ready?

Loll... was that too much you think

F4C , Brutale 1000 and superveloce some time at end of year

F4 XX hopefully mid year

·
Super Moderator
2,672 Posts
Loll... was that too much you think

F4C , Brutale 1000 and superveloce some time at end of year

F4 XX hopefully mid year

hahaha - funny Sam, I read it as you just stating a fact >:)

I'd love to be at the factory during the Serie Oro assembly.

Forget the factory tour, imagine a mezzanine floor where you could sit with a drink and watch the line work on your bike ! :blowjob:

There's plenty of height at the door end to work with ? :highclap:

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
hahaha - funny Sam, I read it as you just stating a fact >:)

I'd love to be at the factory during the Serie Oro assembly.

Forget the factory tour, imagine a mezzanine floor where you could sit with a drink and watch the line work on your bike ! :blowjob:

There's plenty of height at the door end to work with ? :highclap:

Good idea tim

Ill let them know. Hope your well my man

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi, also will be at Italy next July and was planning to visit the factory.

Got similar response, but very very polite. Apparently tours are suspended, but not much information on how long.

Will follow this topic and also include new information if I get luck.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

·
Registered
616 Posts
I will be near Garda lake in July this year with my MV and go around these beautifull mountains. Best two weeks of the year :grin2:.

I wanted to visit the factory too, but it will not make sense to ask them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts