MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to put the bike on the rear stand today, and it just wouldn't fit! I haven't used it in the year I've had the brute, but I seem to recall they press in pretty easily. I wiggled and jiggled and stopped just short of pounding it in with a hammer, but wasn't sure if I'd damage anything by doing so. For all my efforts I couldn't get the stand to go more than halfway in. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
the plastic on the stand probably swelled...its normal. I sanded the plastic down on mine

·
Registered
417 Posts
Mines the same.............put some wd40 on it to use, then had a problem removing....a right pain

So looks like sandpaper for me to then!!

I still have mine from my old F4 which fitted fine, but not on the B4...whys that??

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Yeah now and again I found mine a wee bit tight and wondered what was causing it. It turned out to be the 55mm nut retaining spring clip was protruding slightly on the 'inside' and was fouling the stand from locating smoothly and scoring the black plastic sleeve of the stand. Easily fixed it with a few strokes of a fine file. Hope that's all it is? or is it 'I should be so lucky'.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yeah now and again I found mine a wee bit tight and wondered what was causing it. It turned out to be the 55mm nut retaining spring clip was protruding slightly on the 'inside' and was fouling the stand from locating smoothly and scoring the black plastic sleeve of the stand. Easily fixed it with a few strokes of a fine file. Hope that's all it is? or is it 'I should be so lucky'.

Ah...that might explain the score marks....did you file the stand or clip

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
I took the spring clip out and filed the slightest bit off it (did'nt do it on the bike as I wanted to avoid marking the inside of the axle tube). 'Very' little does it and a bit of 'trial and error. But it worked a treat and with a light smear if grease the stand slips in and out very smoothly now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts