MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted this in a UK advert,
"THis bike was commisioned by casoli racing for MV AGUSTA for the italian 2002 bike show.it was commisioned at a cost of 40.000 euros it was on the front covers of superbike magazine and italian bike magazines which i have copies of.The basis of the bike was a brand new mv f4 oro then enhanced with a big bore conversion to produce 165 BHP" :blah:

the full version can be seen here; http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C387944
can any of our esteemed colleagues shed some light on this very expensive dust magnet? :naughty:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Looks like THE F5 to me! Very elusive beast, rarely seen in it's native habitat. Only one known to exist in captivity! :penguin:

·
Registered
247 Posts
I recall many years ago that MCN tested a 750 that had been bored to 800+cc cant remember the exact capacity or if it was called F5.
They raved about it saying it cured all the faults that they percieved the 750 had.
i also seem to think the bike was built in the states

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi, I know my dad has a folder full of articals, including quite a few on this F5. It was in Superbike mag as well as MCN newspaper ect ect, it was exiting news then.
Remember back then there was no incline that MV Agusta was even going to build an F4 1000. Casoli was one of the few company's who actually tried to raise the capacity of the F4 750.
I am quite sure this bike was UK built, my dad used to buy all his F4 stuf from Casoli. My own bike that I bought last year has a lot of Casoli parts on that the original owner added in the early noughtys. Also it was also suggested by the last and original owner that my own bike has had a big bore kit added, I don't know it it was a Casoli kit or nor do I have any idea what kit if at all. Until I take it to a rolling road or remove the head, all I have is the word of the last owner.
However if anyone wants to ask a question about the F5, I have no problem in reading all the articals my dad has and posting. Brando

·
Registered
938 Posts
However if anyone wants to ask a question about the F5, I have no problem in reading all the articals my dad has and posting. Brando
I'd love to hear all about it. Post away!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I think he meant that you post the artical. I must still have it too somewhere in a box...

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Hi, I said if you ask a question then I would read the articals and post an answer. You haven't asked a question.
Brando
ok question 1 can you post the article's

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Max Vel. Oh, well how can I do that without typing out the articals, which would be a thankless job. If I took pictures of the articals would I be allowed. To post them on here ( Copy right ect) Brando

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
scan it

·
Super Moderator
22,492 Posts
Articles get posted all the time....credit the writer and the mag/paper.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
If I remember correctly.........Casoli did not have the best of reputations by a long long way:
My experience was they recovered a seat unit for a little more comfort, the problem with it was they used a brand new MV air filter to effect this, after a week I had a red oil running over my battery and swingarm, I had to buy a new seat as the oil had seeped into the original seat foam. I got a lot of ribbing from the MV Yahoo members over it, they thought it was funny :laughing:

Below is a picture that a lad from the original MV Yahoo forum took of the inside of his Casoli modified exhausts when he removed the tips tp get them re-anodised red to match his Senna, Casoli had just ''gas axed'' the insides away

The Big Bore conversion was made by ''Superbike Racing'' in the USA

Attachments

·
Registered
938 Posts
If I remember correctly.........Casoli did not have the best of reputations by a long long way:
My experience was they recovered a seat unit for a little more comfort, the problem with it was they used a brand new MV air filter to effect this, after a week I had a red oil running over my battery and swingarm, I had to buy a new seat as the oil had seeped into the original seat foam. I got a lot of ribbing from the MV Yahoo members over it, they thought it was funny :laughing:

Below is a picture that a lad from the original MV Yahoo forum took of the inside of his Casoli modified exhausts when he removed the tips tp get them re-anodised red to match his Senna, Casoli had just ''gas axed'' the insides away

The Big Bore conversion was made by ''Superbike Racing'' in the USA
So it was all smoke and mirrors?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Ah yes... Now I remember the artical :mouthwate

·
Registered
710 Posts
Brando, could you please do a better focus of Super Bike Magazine ? Would be better to have a zoom to read it better.....erm....thank you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts