MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

It's been about 8 years since my last visit here. Back in those days, I was a daily replier, thanks to my involvement with MV agusta to get a proto racing in the world endurance championship in my own Maxim racing team.

The bike was then called F5, and also on this forum there has been lots of discussions on what was under the fiaring and what not. In the meantime, everybody knows exactly what a F4 1000 is like to ride and how all special technical features work.

After the MV adventures, I moved on to different projects, all involving racing and most of them in world endurance. Tha last one has been to run the factory BMW S1000RR bikes from my workshop in the past season. I was called upon as a last option days before the first race, and we ran the series to the end, missing out on the world title by 30 seconds.

Obviously, the best project would be to run F4's again, but that will not happen anywhere soon.

The reason of my posting is quite simple and straightforward: in the near future, a long term boat trip (yep, a sabbatical on the sea...) is taking shape and might get reality, but there would obviously not be any space on a sailing boat for a motorcycle. So after 10 years, my racing machine might be up for sale. It is a genuine hand-built prototye with a 952 cc engine, and in full racing configuration. It is a matter of a battery and fuel to get the thing started, since it was put into the living room after its last outing in 2006 on the MV Agusta Day in spa.

any people interested in this collectioners item, please feel free to contact me: i have all documentation and communication with the factory that goes with this bike :)

greetings

Steven

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Welcome back and as said before pictures do speak volumes. Till than You keep me on the edge of my seat.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sounds like a real treat of a machine, no way could I afford it but that don't stop me from wanting to perv over her! :D

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
ah cool... I was there in 2006 and saw you riding it. And that you were helping many MV riders setting up their bikes!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Damn , he,s taken a sabbatical , was planning to bring one of my bikes in for the fork coming spring.
Btw Steve when do you close your workshop ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, did not forget the pics, but I have a broken network disc and am waiting for repair of it...

in the meantime, can anyone tell me how to post a link or just pics here?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there it is listed, with some of the info that comes with it:

www.thebikemuseum.com

faxes from Claudio Castiglioni,

emails with R&D
pics, pics, pics
some design drawings of special parts

for those who were asking: the sabbatical will only start if all conditions are fulfilled (read: the money is gathered together) . So earliest 2014, but already planning!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts