MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOH! It just clicked that my MV is an F4SR not an EVO3 :wtf: (updated registry)

What does that mean in the scheme of things? Any changes, or is it just a way of selling of the last of the 750 bits, like the Ducati "Final Edition" bikes?

What does SR stand for and translate to?

Cheers
Al

·
Registered
293 Posts
I've chatted with someone that has an SR, he told me that it's a S with an SPR engine.
The only place were I've read of the SR is MV's UK site.

Nice bike anyway... it's an MV... ;-)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
72 Posts
Steptoe said:
Yes, I should learn to RTFFAQ :loser:

Found an Article from early 2004 in Dutch

http://www.motorfreaks.nl/index.php/review/1360/1

Or translated using worldlingo;
http://www.worldlingo.com/SH0gfCf2o9dOyXAwOE5l2KGBXo2KtWck8/translate

So far I understand it'll use more fuel than the rest of the F4 750's. The rest I need to re-read. :blah:

Has SHOWA forks. Not sure if JamesC meant it had Marzocchi fork?
What's better? The Showa or the Marzocchi? I've noticed my SPR to be one fuel thirsty beast.... my friends R1 with the same fuel capacity goes heaps further than my SPR. I'm not even sure which for my SPR has but I know has reworked internals and springs, it's sprung way to heavily, going to have to send 'er back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Steptoe said:
Has SHOWA forks. Not sure if JamesC meant it had Marzocchi fork?
SR has showas? It (SR) stands for "Special Racing".

Rearview, I've never read a comparisson and I think that other than the TiNi on the SPR they are fairly comparable..which is probably why no one has spoken up about differences.

My bike has a WCT eprom with ignition retarded slightly and I have it somewhat rich at 4.5% CO well balanced and regularly get 150-160miles/260km per tank. 140mi/225km for track day. I've gone over 180mi/290km trying to reach gas in the mountains and wasn't empty but very nearly :) The more miles on the engine the better the mileage.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
must be the mileage thing because i don't get close to 150. 130 or so, but i'm a little heavy with the right hand (on the gas) :nerd:

i want/need a remap!

ps. isn't the spr forks the same as the senna? i thought that was the case. the marazocchi forks moved up to 50mm while the showas were 49mm which i thought was the case on all bikes prior f1000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts