MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all 750s suffer from getting hot in traffic? My duc was the same but is this a common trait that they all get hot in traffic pretty quickly? Even the twin rad evo models?

Is there anything that can be done to improve matters?

·
Registered
142 Posts
They all have heat issues with the full fairing. Search through the forum and you'll find several "adjustments" for cooling:
Ceramic Coating headers
Muzzy fan upgrade
Water pump & impeller upgrade
Oil cooler
Thermal tape underneath the seat
etc...

take off the fairings

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
The 750's aren't as bad as the 1000 models especially here in the UK. Twin rads are better than the early solo ones, one of the things to watch for is the heat shielding on the bellypan. Make sure that's OK or the paint can (and will) bubble up and the pan itself will be heat damaged.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just took my 910 Brutale to the continent from the UK went on the ferry to Zeebrugge sat in the queue on the boat and then everything stopped sat there for a bit then off the boat into a queue for passport control and then a cough splutter and it cut out 100 degrees centigrade, tried to start it and it acted as if the battery was flat. Thought I would let it cool then after 10 mins the queue had died down tried again and it still wouldn't start. Luckily two chaps from a van gave me a push and it started.
It kept going happily after that but I noticed the temp climb rapidly throughout the day if I stood for any length of time.
The battery is another issue its due another one.
Tried to upload some photos of the brute on tour but it won't have it

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have found that all of the Italian bikes I have purchased here in the U.S. need to have the coolant drained and replaced with Engine Ice. I just do it as a rule now on any new bike. It has totally solved any overheating issues, and I have never had a bike fail or boil coolant since. I am in a fairly hot region of Southern California with stop and go traffic etc., so I doubt there is a better test area. If you think an MV is bad, try a Benelli for boiling over! I think that there are restrictions on coolant in Europe, so the manufacturers are forced to use an inferior product, thus leading to overheating. Engine Ice is the answer.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Well as far as I know the 750's do not have any cooling issues....mine certainly dosen't. In a 40C day in city traffic mine will go to a max of 103C, and the fans will bring it back down to 99c, and then it varies between the 2 temps.

I have standard coolant in mine. My owners manual says that you only have to worry if it goes above 116C and the temp. gauge flashes. Mine has never gotten anywhere near that.

How high does your get to?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
My 2000 750 has got to 106C in the city, and was cutting out at juntions. I stay away from traffic now and only head into the city when it's quiet. Without mods my bike gets hot quiet quickly, generally the air running through the fairing works well from approax 40mph.

I have relined the bellypan with Thermo-Tec tape(good stuff), as the original heat shielding was missing. The fairing on the left side shows some bubbling of the paint. The bikes fairing design is to close, don't run the bike on it's side stand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts