MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post Broadford event had an opportunity to start delving into the RR and make some comparisons to the F4; I set the bike up on "maximum attack mode":wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf: with all settings including throttle response, rev limiter, torque setting, the list goes on:wtf::wtf::wtf: on the highest level (which is sport) The Ohlins was also set on the factory race recommendations for both front and rear; and..........................Alan Cathcart did "warn" me on how fast this bike is and..........................:drummer::drummer: it is absolutely "MENTAL":f4::f4::f4: thank god for the wheely control as without it the front would not be on the ground:wtf: the way in which the bike gathers speed is just amazing and thank goodness for the new front brake set up which more than handles the pulling up task; the suspension / steering was very impressive and even in race mode was quite surprisingly compliant; I am going to do a side by side comparo of the two this week so will post some more impressions.............:jsm :jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
very nice juls
congrats
your had quite a mv year buying and selling, and thats an awesome year in my eyes
well deserved

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
can u put the ti pipes on yr 2010 model on this one?

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Yes!!! What a beautiful bike!! Congrats Julian!!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Looks good in white J, and looks even better next to your M3

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome Julian. :mouthwate
Congrats man, love it, can't wait to read more.:yo:
D, thanks for that and a bit of an update..................:f4::f4: had a very brief back to back comparison with the two bikes late yesterday and the over arching difference is in the throttle response; the RR is so sensitive you need to be paying a lot of attention particulary in the lower gears however as I posted earlier, this is in maximum attack mode; the next port of call is to pair back the RR to "normal mode" and gauge the difference; interestingly, the exhaust note on the RR when its hot has a similar sound however with a bit more bass than the RG4s on the F4:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf: I guess in a perfect world you should be able to dial in the RR to suit road riding conditions and then with a press (of the significant amount of electronic options) of the buttons , turn it into an absolute track weapon:mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate......................Stay tuned:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
RR does that stand for Rock & Roll - because it sure seems to get up an boogie :yo: :yo: :yo:

Enjoy & be safe J - look forward to reading of your further discoveries. ;)

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
congratulations, lovly bike :yo: Could you please let me know if your RR exhausts end up like the 2012RR, very sooty at the tips? I'm asking because I have a 2012RR and the sooty exhausts are some thing MV are aware of but to date, they haven't sorted.
PS the exhausts can look like this within 500 miles

Attachments

·
Registered
568 Posts
D, thanks for that and a bit of an update..................:f4::f4: had a very brief back to back comparison with the two bikes late yesterday and the over arching difference is in the throttle response; the RR is so sensitive you need to be paying a lot of attention particulary in the lower gears however as I posted earlier, this is in maximum attack mode; the next port of call is to pair back the RR to "normal mode" and gauge the difference; interestingly, the exhaust note on the RR when its hot has a similar sound however with a bit more bass than the RG4s on the F4:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf: I guess in a perfect world you should be able to dial in the RR to suit road riding conditions and then with a press (of the significant amount of electronic options) of the buttons , turn it into an absolute track weapon:mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate......................Stay tuned:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:
Your comparing the F4 to the RR?
2013?
Is there any difference in the features the two bikes have.
i.e Track, sport, rain mode, wheelie control, T/C, quick-shifter, do both bikes have the same features?

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice Julian...that must be your sixth {??} F4
750, Senna, 1000S, 312, 2010, and new RR ??
Pete, amazing to think that its now over 10 years since the first F4:):):):):):):):):) what a journey:):) had dinner with Paul Feeney a couple of weeks ago and talked about his amazing "roller coaster' ride with the brand however a lot of great memorys also:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
congratulations, lovly bike :yo: Could you please let me know if your RR exhausts end up like the 2012RR, very sooty at the tips? I'm asking because I have a 2012RR and the sooty exhausts are some thing MV are aware of but to date, they haven't sorted.
PS the exhausts can look like this within 500 miles
S, the RR has a redesigned exhaust particulary on the ends where the pipes actually extend out of the tips, should negate the problem you have.:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your comparing the F4 to the RR?
2013?
Is there any difference in the features the two bikes have.
i.e Track, sport, rain mode, wheelie control, T/C, quick-shifter, do both bikes have the same features?
B, comparing it to my 2010 F4 which has traction control and Rain / Sport mode only.:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Well done JSM....:drummer:
I will be more than happy to take the bike for a ride if you are to busy.....:naughty: with work or riding the other bikes.

:f4:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts