MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,i have just bought a f4rr 2011 and i keep hearing problems of overheating!.Is this on earlier models or all models.If so what do i need regarding water pump ,modifications etc ? please help.
Nelly

·
Registered
186 Posts
Did they make a 2011 f4 rr?
I thought the rr started in 2012?

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
2010 + F4s have a proper oil cooler and the coolant radiator is stronger and has a denser cooling matrix so it is more efficient. They also have an upgraded water pump ..

However of interest..there is no temperature readout on 2010 F4s ...and as the old saying goes.." what the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't grieve over" !

joe

·
Registered
507 Posts
2010 + F4s have a proper oil cooler and the coolant radiator is stronger and has a denser cooling matrix so it is more efficient. They also have an upgraded water pump ..

However of interest..there is no temperature readout on 2010 F4s ...and as the old saying goes.." what the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't grieve over" !

joe

very true

·
Registered
542 Posts
Will the 2010 or later water pump fit on the earlier F4 1000's?
Thanks!!!
The pump from moto corse is well designed and an exact fit. I am sure it's going to take some retrofitting to fit 2010+ model water pump.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The F4 RR 2012 does not overheat. Mine is run on the track and road in winter and summer. At times the air temperature is in excess of 40c and the track temperature can be close to 60C. Sure it gets hot and the fan is on whilst standing but when running there is no problem at all with very steady temperature on the gauge. It has never required any topping up of coolant in 7500km.
This was the case before and after fitting race filter, full Bodis and Micotec 227 from Chris at X Bikes.
I also have a F4 2010 and the same applies.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Will the 2010 or later water pump fit on the earlier F4 1000's?
Thanks!!!
No it will not, in short. There are other options for the pre-Y10 bikes.

The pump from moto corse is well designed and an exact fit. I am sure it's going to take some retrofitting to fit 2010+ model water pump.
The Moto Corse or MV Corse pump is the same rear housing, just an updated impellar and a re-machined impellar cover. The Design Corse pump is an completely different housing and impellar.

·
Formerly - dagmvagusta
423 Posts
You probably need to double check on the model/year. I have a 2012 F4 and it doesn't run hot. Even at the beach during the bike rally this year where it was 85+ degrees and slow riding on the strip it purred like a charm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
muzzy fans

My f4rr 2012 does get hot in a very quick time,ie 5 mins round town !.Would i benefir from fitting aluminimum muzzy fans or does the 2012 already have aluminimum fans ? Please advise.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
My f4rr 2012 does get hot in a very quick time,ie 5 mins round town !.Would i benefir from fitting aluminimum muzzy fans or does the 2012 already have aluminimum fans ? Please advise.
Nelly, how hot is your overheating ? What I mean is that sport bikes get hot, overheating is though.....bike running so hot that the ECU switches the bike off, is this happening?

You fans are plastic, pretty sure but if you have a look yourself it will be easy to clarify. Ally fans will not improve cooling, they might help the fans control the temp a bit better, bit you would hardly notice this.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I read 2010 MV F41000 doesn't have a temp read out? If so TRAIL TECH makes a small 1x2 inch LCD water temp gauge that easily installs with inline sensor.

Cost is roughly 25-30$

·
Registered
938 Posts
I read 2010 MV F41000 doesn't have a temp read out? If so TRAIL TECH makes a small 1x2 inch LCD water temp gauge that easily installs with inline sensor.

Cost is roughly 25-30$
My 2013 has a "gauge", it's just a series of bars that darken as it gets hotter. there is no "real" temp readout.
I thought mine was running hot when I first bought it but later realized that it was just beneath what must be the "normal" line. If you sit at a stop for long it'll go higher.
According to my new understanding of the gauge I'm far from overheating.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi. It probably not as hot as I think it is but it goes up to two bars from the top. Plus it feels hot as the exhausts make it seem hotter and iam not used to having underseat exhausts as my last bike was a diavel. But would it be worth upgrading the waterpump?.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi. The temperature is no problem. Both of mine; F4RR and F4 2010 run at one bar from the top when standing in 40C. The fans come on and it never gets higher. At the track the same. Both bikes have done over 8000km and never used coolant.
Have you checked your coolant level?

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2010 gets a full temp readout if I get into stop and go traffic then my coolant leaks out. Not sure what the problem could be if there isn't supposed to be an issue with the 2010+ models not having this problem.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My 2014 over heats in New York where it's not that hot ,but in traffic it get closer to the blinking line yes ( your bike is over heating if the temp gauge is blinking )and your fan staying on and the bike temp not coming down ,as my 2005 f4 did the same ,and you are in Dubai of all places dammm,all mv's will over heat giving the chance to unless you live in Alaska ,thin no hhhhhhhhhh

1 - 20 of 23 Posts