MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is a 2012 F4R, with a 2012 F4RR motor and ECU (long story).

Do I need anything special to run a PC5 with Autotune in my bike? I watched the video and read the manual, Dynojet states I need to keep my factory O2 sensor in (with the included O2 optimizer) along with the autotune O2 sensor. I assume I'd need to have an exhaust shop install a second bung for the Autotune sensor?

Lastly, what other ECU options do I have? I read a post that said I could get a race ECU, but I really don't want to shell out that much money if the PC5 works well as is.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
OK,they are correct,what happens is the optimizer helps improve the first 20 percent of throttle ,as without a race ecu you can not map the first 20 percent of the map(throttle position)do yourself a favour ,buy a race ecu and PC5 and put it on a dyno.I have been down the path you are thinking ,do not waste your money on the auto tune,I have one at home only to adjust my CO at idle.The race ecu disables the lambda sensor,
And then you can tune all of the map
Cheers eddy

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Also as a note for 1090 riders ,my mate tony has wrecked 2 brutale 1090 2011 model so he bought one down in Sydney,decedide a week ago to put his previous pc5 and race ecu back on this bike with his old dyno tune already still in the pc5,so if you think your decated 1090 is running smooth ,well let me tell you it is not,the difference is super smooth with nil jerkiness ,also if you are only disconnecting the wires controlling the flapper that is incorrect ,you must disconnect it from the plug that goes into the flapper control,otherwise the motor will not de excel a rate correctly.try it with or without race ecu.pull the socket out if removing it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not to controvert what Eddy has said, but the autotune feature when used correctly is actually more accurate that a standard Dyno. The wideband O2 sensor has the same resolution as on a Dyno but the delay due to the distance the sensor is from the exhaust is much longer on a Dyno.

Eddy is correct if you have a good Dyno operator they can certainly get you right, and it takes a lot of patience and trial on the street to get the most out of the autotune, which is why, I think, Eddy recommends otherwise,but if you are willing, you can with effort duplicate the dyno results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts