MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum,

Im considering buying an F4R and am looking for some advice can you please assist?

thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome , close your eyes and take one of the best italian machine ever !!!!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Well there are some bikes that have had radiators leaking and some abnormal engine wear but not as rampant as you would find out if you went to the Duc forums with their bikes failing to start etc etc, throttle getting stuck and so on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tell me about it 2 of my pals have duc 1098's and they have had starting problems, cutting out problems, oil cooler hoses splitting, the f4r would be my first itailan bike so these things happening to duc's got me thinking! Ive been riding a very reliable triumph daytona 675 and altho the more i look at the mv the more i love it i dont want it to be unreliable!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I say go for it. Just make sure you are really friendly with your dealer :) I would recommend a 312R if you can snag one esp if you are worried about reliability. Other than a lot of heat, I have yet to read anything drastic from 312R owners....if memory serves me right.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Hicham said:
Tell me about it 2 of my pals have duc 1098's and they have had starting problems, cutting out problems, oil cooler hoses splitting, the f4r would be my first itailan bike so these things happening to duc's got me thinking! Ive been riding a very reliable triumph daytona 675 and altho the more i look at the mv the more i love it i dont want it to be unreliable!
All bikes have a chance of trouble.. with smaller producation numbers you will hear about it more as the community is smaller. But from what I can tell the newer MV's have a problem of overheating... if you sit in traffic alot... on hot days. But if you actually keep the air flowing it will be just fine!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Go for it bro

You will never look back. I picked up a 312 a few months ago and now looking for a F4 for the track

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Hicham said:
Thanks everyone,

Thanks for the posts

Is there any problems i should look for?
The cam chain tensioner is an issue.
If buying second hand,make sure this has been done.
You will need to take the side fairing off and look between the headers,you SHOULD see something that looks like the photo,it has to be black if it has been changed.
If it is the colour of the photo then it must be changed as soon as possible.

Debo is a member who has the misfortune to have had his break.It is a warrantable item,you will not outlay any money.

Cooling seems to be a problem with some people,but as you see,owners want you to buy this bike,so it cant be that much of an issue.

Apart from this they are pretty much issue free.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the info, ive spoken to my local dealer and im taking a demo F4R bike out on saturday, so il keep you posted no doubt it will be awsome! My 1098 mates are already jealous at the though of me buying on i can see it in there eyes!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts