MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say that we just unpacked the F4 CC. I will post some pics soon. All I can say is.... WOW. I have been in this business for quite some time and have seen alot of really nice bikes but...... WOW.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
NICE! If you ever start 'er up, please record some video. I will do everything I can to assist you in getting it to me so I can share it to the community!

Media (top menu) -> bottom of page has "Submit media". You can also email it to me at info[at]mvagusta.net :drummer:

:stickpoke :stickpoke

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
style_one said:
so does the mega-million dollar MV still have a manual choke?
it comes a with a mini italian man that resides under the tail unit beside the tool kit (made out of gold)..... you turn the key and he jumps out, checks air in the tires, oil level, blinker operation, overall inspection....then he turns the knob to choke the bike for a start up.

:smoking:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Damnit !!! I was just up there today on business, got out early and was headed towards your shop to check it out ( I live in Portland). For some reason I got sidetracked on the phone and never quite made it. What a mistake that was!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Djester said:
it comes a with a mini italian man that resides under the tail unit beside the tool kit (made out of gold)..... you turn the key and he jumps out, checks air in the tires, oil level, blinker operation, overall inspection....then he turns the knob to choke the bike for a start up.

:smoking:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had heard that MV stole Mario from Nintendo but i didn't believed at the time :wtf:
Now i know it's true and why :baddeal:

BKYMOTO please post the pics and congrats for getting one :smoking:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i think it's so funny that the worlds most expensive sportsbike has a manual choke. if the desmo has one, i'm thru. :wtf:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will get the pics up as quickly as I can. I will tell you that we have photographed virtually every peice of it. I will be pulling the lower fairings off to get pics of the motor as well. The detail is kinda mind boggling, sorta makes you think...why? But they built it not me. Glad they did.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Start an album and throw the photos up there. If you want to send me high-res photos all in a zip, feel free and i'll get them up for you!

·
Administrator
19,804 Posts
style_one said:
i think it's so funny that the worlds most expensive sportsbike has a manual choke. if the desmo has one, i'm thru. :wtf:
Considering the complexity and additional parts and plumbing required for an Idle Speed Control Valve (which performs the fast idle function you are thinking of as a choke)...not to mention the problems some of the Japanese have been having with their latest systems using this (Suzuki has a recall going on right now)....I don't think you really want MV to do this to our bikes. These are "Race Bikes with Lights"...simple and light weight is always best for race bikes. Plus, they have enough truoble getting the systems tuned right.
Just to reiterate....fuel injected bikes have no "choke". The ECM enrichens mixture when engine and air temps are cold by increasing injector duration. The little lever on our twist grips simply raises idle speed by twisting the throttle a bit for you, increasing air flow to keep the engine running until atomization of the fuel is adequate to reduce the amount of air flowing through the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
49 Posts
admin said:
Start an album and throw the photos up there. If you want to send me high-res photos all in a zip, feel free and i'll get them up for you!
we have a pro photog who will be visiting either tonight or tomorrow evening to shoot the bike. i'll have him send me proofs for you to gallerize on the site if you'd like.

·
Registered
49 Posts
d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b said:
Excuse my stupid question, but what is a manual choke?
manual choke was a term taken from carbureted bikes. the choke enrichened the mixture to aid in cold startups.

fuel injected bikes no longer have a true choke, but some motors, including the MV 750, 910, and 1000cc, have no plumbing for an Idle Air Control and Fast Idle Valve. to aid in cold startups, they have a "choke", but is actually a Manual Fast Idle Valve... which allows for the throttle plates to be cracked open just slightly to enrichen the mix and increase intake air velocity to aid in startup.

FI bikes without a manual fast idle valve have plumbing in the cooling system to accomodate a second thermostat to aid startup... called the Fast Idle Valve. it's open when the coolant temp is cold, but closes as coolant temp increases.

Some bikes are coming with Idle Air Control Valves, which function much like the fast idle valve in principle, but control the idle speed, thus negating the adjustable throttle stop for idle speed control.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
oakie said:
manual choke was a term taken from carbureted bikes. the choke enrichened the mixture to aid in cold startups.

fuel injected bikes no longer have a true choke, but some motors, including the MV 750, 910, and 1000cc, have no plumbing for an Idle Air Control and Fast Idle Valve. to aid in cold startups, they have a "choke", but is actually a Manual Fast Idle Valve... which allows for the throttle plates to be cracked open just slightly to enrichen the mix and increase intake air velocity to aid in startup.

FI bikes without a manual fast idle valve have plumbing in the cooling system to accomodate a second thermostat to aid startup... called the Fast Idle Valve. it's open when the coolant temp is cold, but closes as coolant temp increases.

Some bikes are coming with Idle Air Control Valves, which function much like the fast idle valve in principle, but control the idle speed, thus negating the adjustable throttle stop for idle speed control.
So the choke is like the rubbery button that is on many Lawn Mowers?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts