MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a day??? Went to see a motorcycle show today at Miami Beach Convention Center, What a waist of time and addmision money.South Florida being a mecca for motorcycle riders(we get sunny weather 350 days a year) and cannot put together decent motorcycle show. Luckilly I decided to stop by at Ducati Miami.And that s when my day went better.I was greeted by F4CC at the entrance and TWO Brand spanking New Ducatis Desmosedici RR being prepped for delivery. I know this is a MV forum But I have to tell you guys and I m not a DUCATI person(did own one 748S for 6 years) but ever since I lay my eyes on F4 that was it for me until today. Today I got to see and hear the DESMOSEDICCI (courtesy of Edward and Rudolf at DM ) who acctualy got the bikes out and run for a coupple of miles,in prepp for delivery . It sounds like nothing I ever heard before,Dont like ducati sound but this was totally different. And what s even better is that I will see this bike ( one of them) on the track at Homestead in May ( Courtessy of Dr Kevin Mendez ) who I m sure will put a great show for those lucky of US who can visit Homestead Raceway in May 2008 . I got to see this bike side to side with CC and I just dont know which one I would chose .They are both awsome looking but DesmoS-RR has something I just cant describe.You have to see one close by to understand.Now, what I did not like was " orange peell" yes orange peell on desmosedicci ( part that cover subframe under gas tank) was painted poorly,on both bikes.Other than that I faund no fault with this bikes and again --sound--- OH GOD!!! Check ducati miami.com see for yourself

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
But all you get with the D16 is performance. No fancy carbon fiber, no designer name, not even a little watch.

I think you would have to have you head wedged firmly between your buttocks to purchase a CC over the D16. I own twice as many MV Agustas as Ducatis and while I love the MVs, that D16 is special.

CAG

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Well, yes, of course, both would be great. Then you could have an awsome bike AND a nice watch!

·
Registered
93 Posts
But all you get with the D16 is performance. No fancy carbon fiber, no designer name, not even a little watch.

I think you would have to have you head wedged firmly between your buttocks to purchase a CC over the D16. I own twice as many MV Agustas as Ducatis and while I love the MVs, that D16 is special.

CAG
I'm in agreement with you on the second part of yo9ur post, but just so it's clear....The Desmosedici RR is ALL Carbon Fiber.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Bugger...........I though this thread may be a video with the two fighting on a race track:(

I'd choose the Ducati and buy a Brutale 1078 with the change...........and a watch:)

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
Maybe I am missing something, but don't most people buy bikes for performance? The RR would be sitting in my garage next to my (much more reasonably prices F4 S) before the CC would be. Bikes are meant to be out on a patch of pavment, not on plush carpet in your living room!!:f4:

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
I've done a little looking around and found that the Veltro Pista sold in europe for around $90,000 US dollars. The Veltro Strada was around $70,000 US. Any takers over the D16? CAG? Anyone? I would.
I know that this discussion has been covered in other similar threads but I'm sure you guys and gals don't mind letting us all know your opinion on the most exotic bikes out there.
Heres mine on the D16: I know I'll never own one for two reasons. 1. I personally find it rather ugly (that's a mighty impressive machine gun in the avitar CAG- no offence intended bro). 2. For me, when the cosmetic appeal is not great then it's all about the performance of the bike, and I'd get more enjoyment out of creating my own dream bike with the $70,000 US.
As for the F4CC. It sits below the Veltro on my wish list. Nicolino, you are indeed lucky to have seen a CC in the flesh along with a D16. Both are a class act.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I've done a little looking around and found that the Veltro Pista sold in europe for around $90,000 US dollars. The Veltro Strada was around $70,000 US. Any takers over the D16? CAG? Anyone? I would.
I know that this discussion has been covered in other similar threads but I'm sure you guys and gals don't mind letting us all know your opinion on the most exotic bikes out there.
Heres mine on the D16: I know I'll never own one for two reasons. 1. I personally find it rather ugly (that's a mighty impressive machine gun in the avitar CAG- no offence intended bro). 2. For me, when the cosmetic appeal is not great then it's all about the performance of the bike, and I'd get more enjoyment out of creating my own dream bike with the $70,000 US.
As for the F4CC. It sits below the Veltro on my wish list. Nicolino, you are indeed lucky to have seen a CC in the flesh along with a D16. Both are a class act.
I like machine guns, no offence taken.

I don't know enough about the Veltro Pista. How rare are they? What kind of performance does it have?

I don't mean to hurt anyones feelings either, and my opinion is worth exactly what you pay for it but it seems, forgive me, that the CC is a tarted up F4; with a watch. If I am going for exclusive I want my exclusivity in the engineering, the mechanical aspects, the performance parts.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
CC vs. Sedici

All you get with the D16 is performance. No fancy carbon fiber, no designer name, not even a little watch.

I think you would have to have you head wedged firmly between your buttocks to purchase a CC over the D16. I own twice as many MV Agustas as Ducatis and while I love the MVs, that D16 is special. It seems that the CC is a tarted up F4; with a watch.
CAG,

In defense of MV, I understand it's a very nice watch!

Elton

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
CAG: the Veltro Pista was limited to a total of 23 bikes in 2006. It is not street legal. Carbon fairings, larger radiator (funny that), carbon airbox and tank, similar magnesium components to the ORO and Tamburini, it has the TSS system also. Brembo monoblocks and full titanium exhaust. It was not available in the US or New Zealand (where I live). You would be hard pressed to find one outside Europe.
It was also released as a road bike known as the Strada. Only 99 of them were made available. The Veltro Pista, apparently, has the best power to weight ratio of any unmodified MV Agusta.
There is a connection between the Italian air force and the Veltro. I believe the 23 Veltros were released to commemorate the 23rd fighter wing.
In any case, it fits my criteria of cosmetic beauty and ultimate performance.
P.S. I like machine guns too. that thing must aound AMAZING!
Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
The Duke is certainly a bike I think we would all like to own if money wasn't an issue, but don't forget the RR is a 'new' bike whereas the F4 has been around in one form or another for over ten years now. This being a MV forum, I hope you will forgive me if I say that, aesthetically, I still think the F4 is the best looking sports bike in the world.:mouthwate

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
well now i own both bikes i can honestly say which is best so heres my opinion.......................................................bloody hell why do i keep telling porkies .........................need me tablets lol .............................................................................i wish !!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
The F4 looks great no doubt. But I already have a Senna and soon to be as light as a Veltro. But my money would def go to the Ducati. Its a whole different animal. The CC feels like it is trying too hard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My money would go to the ducati. From what I understand it has much better performance. More hp, better top end, and I might be wrong since I haven't seen solid weight numbers for both, lighter. The F4CC is a show piece and to me that alone makes it not worth buying. I want something I can use.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts