MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These two photos are very large. When you click on one, you'll be able to scroll (tour) to any area of the bike you are interested in.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Wow...Now nobody can give ME grief for posting large pictures!!! :laughing:

Those are huge and amazing!

Nice shots. :yo:

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Damn...that bike hasn't even been ridden yet!

I dunno about you, but if I paid that much for a motorcycle, I'de hope to get a paintjob with less orange peel....

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reflection

oicdn said:
Damn...that bike hasn't even been ridden yet!

I dunno about you, but if I paid that much for a motorcycle, I'de hope to get a paintjob with less orange peel....
The lower fairing reflects the pattern of the stand the bike sits on. I am not sure if this is what you are referring to or not. The finish on the bike looked flawless to me in person. As far as its being ridden or not, I am not sure, but I did notice that the tank is finely scratched in the location that tank protectors are usually placed and when I saw this I was thinking that it had been ridden. If not, then a lot of people have been sitting on it an moving around!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
hellcat said:
The lower fairing reflects the pattern of the stand the bike sits on. I am not sure if this is what you are referring to or not. The finish on the bike looked flawless to me in person. As far as its being ridden or not, I am not sure, but I did notice that the tank is finely scratched in the location that tank protectors are usually placed and when I saw this I was thinking that it had been ridden. If not, then a lot of people have been sitting on it an moving around!
ALot of people ahve been sitting on it. Look at the brake rotors, the rear isn't touched and the front only has VERY light scuffs. Likely from rolling it on and off the trailer.

The paint I'm referring to is on the tank, on the part your legs sit against. The seat area, by where his name is and by the tank, that's an orange peel nightmare. The little piece under the tank, yikes. On the CC part of the fairing, the silver part is also very dimpled looking. Basically, every part on that bike sans the mirrors and the upper cowling has horrible orange peel.

Paint is supposed to be like glass, not wavy or distorted. Look at this car:

http://www.meguiars.ch/download/Screensaver/MeguiarsDT_Reifen_1280X1024.jpg

The paint on that is smooth, the reflections are like mirrors at any angle without distortion with the exceptions of the angles. When you look down the side of the car, it's not wavy or textured. Alktraxx's paintjobs are a perfect example of how paint is supposed to be.

IMO, when paying that much for a motorcycle, the paint should be FLAWLESS. I understand it's hard to get that kind of finish on a mass produced product on an assembley line of sorts, but when you're talking $125K for a very limited and exclusive motorcycle, it's paint should be flawless and just as quality as a custom one.

But maybe I'm just a little anal about things like that... :)

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
well i 'd buy it, but still mv have let it done in one way only

they fitted the crappy plastic indicators on meee

nice slightly smaller carbon look ones atleast with dark tinited lens

or clear ones all round

just my opionon

well at least i can say i got ones that are the same as the 60k CC mv lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts