MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at Indy there were 2 of the Ducati Desmos on display. One with the race exhaust and one with the street exhaust. Both stunning bikes. After reading the post on the F4CC I'm wondering which you would rather have. They made a lot more of the Ducs but it was a MotorGP bike with lights while the CC is more in line with the standard bike. Ideally having both would be the answer but given the choice I would have my F4R and the Desmo instead of the F4r and the CC

·
Registered
456 Posts
if i had the money, i'd get the d16.

main reason, even without the race exhaust its the greatest sounding bike made. the bike just looks different without being too different.

yes the f4cc is a nice looking bike with handmade parts,but like you said its more of a standard bike with one off parts.

i don't think either one will ever appreciate in value at all.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My choice

Here's my choice between the 2. I've parked my MV beside a Desmo & there is no contest for the top choice. My 312 Corse has almost everything the F4cc does except for the swing arm. And I do covet that swing arm.

This is the bike that knocks them both into the dirt. 135kg & the 135hp NCR Hailwood race engine.

As far as sex appeal, nothing beats the MH. My buddy has a Desmo & at this years Laguna GP, when we got to Ducati Island it was full. They let me on & told him to park out with the farm equipment.

The MV will scare the snot out me. The Vyrus is the most fun to ride fast.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Definitely the Ducati Desmo! My mate has one, which I've ridden, and it's freaking unbelievable.. As Roadbiking said, the sound is truly orgasmic and like nothing else on the road!

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
desmo 16 for me

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
and the mh900e all the way
and the tambo

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Here's my choice between the 2. I've parked my MV beside a Desmo & there is no contest for the top choice. My 312 Corse has almost everything the F4cc does except for the swing arm. And I do covet that swing arm.

This is the bike that knocks them both into the dirt. 135kg & the 135hp NCR Hailwood race engine.

As far as sex appeal, nothing beats the MH. My buddy has a Desmo & at this years Laguna GP, when we got to Ducati Island it was full. They let me on & told him to park out with the farm equipment.

Is that your Vyrus?. I have been speaking to Vyrus about the 987. What are you r thoughts on it?. I have a Mhe also
I would get the Ducati ,mainly for the sound the thing makes. Like nothing I've ever heard before. Its orgasmic
Where as the Cc, although beautiful is just another F4

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I was told by a previous Desmo owner that at every 15k miles (24,000km) is a MAJOR service.

That is a complete motor tear down and 350 hours worth of work. He was quoted $35,000 AUD for this service for parts and labour.

Yep moto GP engine requires moto GP expenses, nope no thanks.

·
Registered
652 Posts
We place a F4 tambo next to my mates desmo side by side and yes the desmo looks out dated and the F4 looks timless .

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I was told by a previous Desmo owner that at every 15k miles (24,000km) is a MAJOR service.

That is a complete motor tear down and 350 hours worth of work. He was quoted $35,000 AUD for this service for parts and labour.

Yep moto GP engine requires moto GP expenses, nope no thanks.
You must have misunderstood your friend, or he was drinking heavily. :friday:

Here's a thread from an owner on his 15,000 miles service. "official service ... 23 hours by the book". http://www.ducati.org/forums/desmosedici-rr/25376-15-000-mile-service-re-cap.html#post344267

At typical $75-125 per hour labor rates in the US, that's $1725-2875. Granted, that's a lot to service a motorcycle. And only certain Ducati dealers were certified to service the D16.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I find the MV easier on the eyes, but the DESMO has a certain appeal to me. It's a very RAW appeal. Brutal, even. Definitely a tough decision!

If it were my money, I'd buy the DESMO....

·
Registered
542 Posts
I find the MV easier on the eyes, but the DESMO has a certain appeal to me. It's a very RAW appeal. Brutal, even. Definitely a tough decision!

If it were my money, I'd buy the DESMO....
Times 2. I have been lucky to ride one in 2012 and it was unreal. Like others have stated - it's MotoGP bike with a license plate and blinkers on it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Same here. I got to ride one. Once. Was very exhillerating! I enjoyed the Panigale too, but I wasnt as good(for me)as my MV. It is quite a bit lighter but felt very heavy. Almost sluggish. It was VERY quick though.

I really loved the NOISE that the DESMO and the Panigale made the best!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
When comparing motorcycles the one YOU like the best is always the correct answer. If YOU like a Suzuki 650 Burgman the best, its the best bike in the world .

I can give you this advise. If you take an Aprilia RSV4 install top tier front/rear suspension, performance exhaust ,free flow intake,BST carbon wheels and Aprilia race ecu. You will have a V-4 superbike that out performs the Ducati Desmodicci (sp?) Then with the money you saved not paying 60k for a Desmo, you can still buy the MV AGUSTA F4RR.
I myself thought of buying a Ducati Desmodicci ,but after riding a bone stock Aprilia RSV4 I chose to buy both the RSV4 and the MV F4. They are very different motorcycles but I love them both . If I HAD to choose between my RSV4 and my F4 312R/1000R I would Go with the F4.

PS: If your looking for a unique Superbike another great option is the ....ROEHR 1250SC.... It is an American Supercharged Superbike that uses the liquid cooled Harley Davidson 1250cc V-Rod engine with a Austrailian Rotrex Supercharger. The ROEHR 1250SC comes stock with top tier Ohlins Suspension, Aropovic exhaust, Brembo brakes/master cylinders,and Marecchi(sp?) magnesium wheels. Supercharger is VERY small and has VERY smooth delivery . Bottom end power is enormous as it makes 180hp and 115lbs torque with a 8500 rpm redline.(specs say 9000rpm but its actually 8500) ROEHR stopped production of 1250SC in 2011(ROEHR now sells High performance?? electric bikes) but parts are readily available from ROEHR, Ducati and Harley . ORIGINAL MSRP 44K NOW 18-19K. I bought mine NEW from ROEHR for 18k. Handling is virtually Identical as my Ducati 1198, but much faster lol.

This way you can have BOTH the MV AGUSTA F4RR AND a unique Superbike with the ROEHR 1250SC.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 97 Posts